Cri-du-Chat Syndrome Member Introductions

I am the mother of a 15 year old young man with Cri du Chat Syndrome (5p syndrome). I am looking for other parents to share information, concerns and frustrations with.

I am interested in Cri-Du-Chat because my cousin’s son has it and it is very hard to find good information about it.

I have a 14 yo daughter who was born with cdc.

Hi,
I have a 20 year old daughter with CDC. She has come over so many hurdles, with God’s help. Just like some of you, when Lynn was first diagnosed with this syndrome there was absolutely no info available. I would like to help others in anyway I can. It’s been a long hard road, but I wouldn’t trade her for anything.

I’m Edward’s mom,he is 5P-.

I am karina from the Philippines. I have a suspicion my son has cri du chat. however, it remains a suspicion until a test could be conducted, which is not available here in the Phils. once, we tried, but my hubby and i were requested to send the blood samples abroad.

anyways, i am not making myself exclusive to cri du chat, knowing other illness or disease would be an advantage to me and my family.

i hope everyone will be as friendly as the cri du chat support group…hehe

keep in touch, everyone.

Hi, my name is Katie, and I just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Lucy last week. She has Cri Du Chat, and she is working really hard to get stable enough to come home. I would really like to join this community to hear the stories of others who have more experience than me, and learn as much as I can about CDC.

Hi I am a new mom( 6 months) and have a child with cri du chat. I have learned a lot technically and would just like to talk to people about feelings. I also wonder if there is anyone like my daughter she also has partial trisomy 18

I have a daughter that is Trisomy 10q and a deletion of 5p

Our 9 year old son has Cri-du-Chat… he is doing well.

Hi, I am Polina from Bulgaria. My daugthter is 9 months old with CDCS.
I would like to meet people who have the same problem.
I would like to learn more about different therapies, medications and nutritients that might help children to reach their potentials and milestones.

My wife and I had Reagan on April 25th and we were greeted with a host of problems. Aside from looking premature, we left the hospital thinking we had nothing but jaundice to worry about. 5 days later we found out Reagan had 3 holes in her heart, and 30 days later we found out she had Cri Du Chat. We are interested in joining this community to learn how to best prepare our family for what is to come.

My name is Jeanne. I am a special needs school bus dispatcher for Lake Elsinore Unified School District in California. I’ve worked with special needs kids for the last 15 years.
My daughter just gave birth to a tiny baby girl one week ago. She has the distinctive cat like cry along with other symptoms of CDC.
Today the doctor finally told my daughter today that my granddaughter has an abnormality of the 5th chromosome. It is the first time since she was born that we had something to go on. With the help of the internet I’ve found out that it’s CDC. With all the kids I deal with on the buses, having a grand daughter with this puts it all into perspective.
I just want to learn more since all the clinical writings scare me to death and from what I see here these kids are thriving.

My Name is Kimberly i am the mother of 3 bueatiful childre. My middle child and only girl Farrah was born with cri-du-chat. I here to get continued support and to give support to other parents or family members whom also have children with cri-du-chat.

I have a daughter with cri du chat syndrome.

I am a Mom to 15 year old daughter. Been a member of Society forever. Just want to keep in touch with others.

My name is Lauren and I have two children. My daughter Ashley who is 3 and 1/2 has CDC. She is an awesome big sister to her 6 week old brother. We are a militarty family stationed at Mcguire AFB, NJ(South Jersey). I’m here to talk to others and always trying to learn more about CDC so I can help my daughter reach her full potential.

Hello my name is Ann. I have an 18 yr old daughter who has been tested for years tono avail. We finally found a geneticist who diagnosed her with a broken 5th chromosome. Through research I find she had all the symptoms of cri-du-chat. I live in Tx and would love to find some kind of a support group for the both of us.

Hi

I’m Damian, my wife (Sirpa) and I have a 3 year old son Matias with CDC. We live in Oxford in the UK (I am unable to add my location on the map!). I am also a member of the steering committee for the UK Syndrome support group (www.criduchat.co.uk).

We are hopefully coming over to the US for the 5p- conference next summer, I look for to meeting you and getting to know you more through this excellent website.

Best wishes
Damian

Hello All,
My name is Ryan and I have a beautiful little girl with CDC (Finley). I look forward to the insight many of you will be able to provide and hope to help other families as well.

God Bless