Cri-du-Chat Syndrome Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Cri-du-Chat Syndrome. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

Hello, I am Robin, Mother to Michael, (CDCS) 18, I would like to learn more about how to help my son have the best quality of life possible. I would like to meet new people who can share new ideas with me.

I have a son with Cri du Chat

hi my name is dee i live in bedford, uk. i am a very keen member of this group as i have CDC myself infact so does my father, sister, brother and last of all my son. joining here is not a case of wanting to know more about CDC as i know enough already but to maybe give advice or even ask advice on things because even though i have CDC it is still new to me about having a child with CDC

Laura Castillo, Executive Director, 5p- Society. I have a 19 year old daughter with the Syndrome. The 5p- Society is a National Support Group for Families with Cri du Chat Syndrome. We hold an Annual Conference in July/August of each year and we distribute a newsletter 4 times a year. If you haven’t already done so please visit our website at www.fivepminus.org or www.criduchat.org. You can email me or contact me at any time with questions or concerns.

Hi. I’m Darrcie - mom to Anna who has CDC. She’s almost 6 years old and on the severe side of the syndrome. She is 100% g-tube fed, wears a TLSO for scoliosis, is crawling and pulling to stand as well as walking with full assist. She signs a few signs and understands a few more.

Hello
I am Michael Carrafa and my son is 4 and 1\2 years old, his name is also Michael. We live in PA just outside of Philadelphia. Would love to hear from anyone nearby.

Hello, I’m Nancy, mother of Stephen, age 15, with Cri du chat. We live in Georgia, but long for Texas.

I’m a Shaklee independent distributor and love helping people get healthy and stay that way! And I’m building my business so I can take care of Stephen for the rest of his life and hopefully build a home for him and others like him.

I’m glad that David started this group and love the idea of a live chat. Thank you David!

Nancy
www.shaklee.net/nancyhyde
1-888-4A-Multi

My name is Karie, I have a 16 mo. old boy who has cdcs. We just found out the week before his 1st b-day. He also just had hip surgery 2 weeks ago. I also have a 7 year old how is wonderful with her little brother!

My name is Karie, I have a 16 mo. old boy who has cdcs. We just found out the week before his 1st b-day. He also just had hip surgery 2 weeks ago. I also have a 7 year old how is wonderful with her little brother!

hello, my daughter Briana has 5p- syndrome. she is 24 yrs old and lives with me( mother) and her dad( my husband). I am joining this group to connect with other families to learn and to share experiences.

I have a 22 month old daughter with cri du chat

I"m a cdcs parent

My name is Michelle, I am the mother of a 2year old son with Cri Du Chat. I wish to learn more on this condition. I would love to connect with a family with a child near my sons age. He is a very happy lil boy, still eating through his g-tube, starting to bounce on all fours and sitting up a bit. The only problems he has is his intestinal blockage. We been lucky this year (knock on wood). I just like any information or where we can get the info besides the computer since I have limited access.

I have a 6 year old son with criduchat.

Hi, my name is Alicia, I am here for my sister. My sister’s name is J-onie, she is 22 years old, she has cri-du-chat. We live in central new jersey. J-onie is no longer in school, I am in the process of looking for something for her to do during the day. I am to learn more about cri-du-chat and chat with other families.