DD & Stress and Trauma, anyone?

Hey Grndma Sylvia, I can relate to the jumpiness and and the stiff muscles due to stress…I can be watching TV and if there is a quick movement on TV my right leg will just fly up in the air and sometimes my shoulders jump as well. It is a weird thing…I have been drawn up and tight my whole life, sometimes waking up with fingernail imprints in my hand from holding my fist so tight while sleeping…go figure. I did a lot around the house today to prepare for winter coming and as soon as I sat down every bone, muscle and lump screamed, stiff as a board right now and so achy…oh well, at least I got the job done and will pay I know today and tomorrow with intense pain. I am can’t sit for a minute without jumping up and doing something…I never feel like I’m relaxed. Well, all thanks for responding to my note and I send my best to you all. I think now we all know that stress, surgery, abuse, injuries all affect our DD and may have been the key to our having it. Bev (LadyMary)

I wondered why it kicked in for me and Dr Herbst told me that due to my starting menopause it exacerbated the DD…so hormones probably do have something to do with it.

I agree that any trauma can cause it to get worse (not just a hysterectomy) but I guess a hysterectomy swings you into menopause and it is a double whammy (since menopause seems to be a cause for DD to get worse too).

I'm tense all the time too... it is amazing how much we have in common. I also have depression and I bet that is common with everyone here too. Since my DD really got bad I also find myself having moments of total confusion and that is listed as a symptom too! I have always had moments of confusion, LOL, but it is so bad now and happens almost every day. (like I have a thought and before I can open my mouth and tell my husband what is on my mind the thought is gone... I wouldn't think anything of this if it wasn't happening all the time. I think everyone does that now and then but it is all the time for me now)

I wasn't familiar with Shingles, so I looked it up. I feel for you Brennie, it sounds horrible! So sorry you are dealing with that too! Not only does it sound bad, I googled it on photos and it looks so painful! I hope yours doesn't spread.

Passing on something I read that may be important to know: "A person with a shingles rash can pass the virus to someone, usually a child, who has never had chickenpox, but the child will develop chickenpox, not shingles."  (passing that on just in case you have little ones around)

Suri…they give a chicken pox vaccine to all the kids now so that should be OK for Brennie but the pain is terrible. My Mother called me in tears from the pain and she had seven daughters and she said the pain was worse than childbirth! Many hugs to Brennie! Grandma Sylvia

My sister had Glandular fever and she now has fibromyalgia, I fell out of a 2nd story window when i was almost 2 and now have DD, i believe its all linked in with trauma of some kind.

geordielass

My bumps didn’t start until after I had a LOT of deaths close to me.

My father, my step-dad’s family (mom, dad, and sister), my mother’s parents (mom, dad, step-dad), a few close friends of the family, and then our pets (a kitten, a cat, and a dog.)

Also during that time period I was attempting to go to a technical school, then tried to move out on my own, and then went to college for 4 years.

I just quit college, as my problems are too great to justify wasting debt on useless classes.

The deaths began when I was 20. I have not had more than 9 months without a death around me.

Also during that same time period, I was in a major car accident that fractured a vertebrea in two places (making a really cool looking ‘X’ on the x-ray- hey, at least I can find something ‘nice’ to say about it finally)

So, yeah. Stress.

I also went through numerous jobs (even doing a few short stints in construction), and had heat-stroke (I nearly died in my front yard) twice.

Also got concrete in my eye, could have lost it.

I could honestly keep going… but I won’t.

Let’s just say I am surprised to have survived the last year without any doctors.

Does anyone have a story that doesn’t have stress before a bloom?

Stress! Yes, I think we all had that. Physical trauma seems to trigger DD too. Accidents, surgery, you name it. Steroids can do it too, by anecdotal accounts.

Pamela

Stress sure is a complicating factor in our lives. I have never been able to take it very well. Anxiety, Depression all the wonderful things that come with this disease. We are strong women in our hearts, its our bodies that can’t take it. Thank God we have each other so we can make it through the new stresses that come up as we deal with this disease. My prayers are with all of you. And thank you for your prayers and support during my shingles ordeal. I sure wish they would go away, the rash hasnt’ spread but the tingles and pain is still all over the place, I feel like I am about the scatch a bald spot on top of my head and I am surprised I still have an eyebrow. haha…

Love and hugs to all,
Brennie

Brennie,

I’m still praying for your shingles to go away with no after pain, and a lot of others are too. Good you can joke about it! I’m not sure I could.

Hugs and extra spoons,
Pamela