Depression and anxiety

My name is faith and im almost 20, i have anxiety and depression and they wont get out of my life! im on meds to help, but nothing is helping, i dont know what to do anymore…i have no job, license,and i dropped out of high school…tell me how i can help myself get out of fellin this way?

I WOULD THINK THAT THE FIRST THING THAT YOU SHOULD DO IS TO SEE A DOCTOR FOR AN EVALUATION OF YOUR CURRENT MEDICATIONS AND SEE WHY THEY ARN’T WORKING LIKE THEY SHOULD. THEY CAN HELP DETERMINE THE BEST WAY TO TREAT YOUR DISORDER AND YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL AT SOME POINT. IT IS ALSO IMPORTANT TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR PERSONAL AFFAIRS LIKE MAKING SURE YOU HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE AND THAT YOU HAVE ENOUGH FOOD AND SUCH.I DONT KNOW YOUR WHOLE SITUATION BUT OFTENTIMES PEOPLE ARE ON THE WRONG MEDS AND THEY ARE INEFFECTIVE. I WOULD SAY TALK TO YOU R DOCTOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. AND CONTACT SOMEONE HERE IF YOU NEED TO TALK.

I AGREE WITH CYNDI.  FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWELVE YEARS I SEE AND FEEL SOME IMPROVEMENT, I HAVE A NEW DOC.HE PUT ME ON NITETIME ANTIS INSTEAD OF DAY. IT IS CALLED PALMERO. IT TOOK ABOUT FIVE WEEKS.FOR IT TO START. PLEASE DON’T GIVE UP, AND AS YOU ARE DOING, DON’T BE AFRAID TO REACH OUT.    HUGS     ~SAMMI~

hi, faith

What kind of situations are envokeing your depression - anxiety???.....I found myself in the same boat that you are in except i was just a little younger, the mistake that i made is that i never got help....i'd hate to see you do the same, do your parents know how you feel and if so do you they think they could support the idea of seeing a therapist???...dont lose hope, look at the walls around you, there whispering your way to happiness....

Take Care,

Chris

I agree with everyone - you need to speak to your doctor about your meds.  I have depression and anxiety along with a few other things (bipolar, crohns, fibromyalgia) and finding the right combination of meds is crucial.  Hope you start feeling better soon.

Katie

Dear Faith:

I  am  sorry you are in this situation.  I too have experienced first depression then anxiety.  I am older than you, but have been dealing with this over several years.  Medication for me was the first step.  Some medication take up to a month  to be effective.  If they are not working by then, you need to change medication. My general doctor referred me to a psychiatrist.  Also seeing a counselor to talk about your concerns or problems.  Do you have  any  family or  friends you can count on for support?  That will help a lot.  No matter how bad things may  be, please know you can overcome this.  The first step is knowing you will be OK.  Talk to yourself, use positive self-talk.  It  sounds silly, but it really works.  "I am a good person, I have great qualities..."  Things will be better, because I know from experience myself.  Sometimes, good things can come about from bad situation.  I went back to college, I did things I thought I could never do.  YOU CAN TOO.  Let me know how you are doing.  Good Luck!