Depression and tired

Hello everyone.

I will first tell you a little about myself. I am a 60 yr old woman that has been dx since 1995.

Within two weeks, my derm gave me a biopsy on a rash I had telling me I have systemic lupus and see a Rheu.
The Rheu confirmed by doing a million and one blood tests and also told me I might have leukemia. The onc told me…by blood work, bone marrow biopsy, I might have multiple myeloma cancer. Due to my family history of blood cancer on both sides, I must be seen all of the time.

After the doc gave me a flu shot, I became extremely ill.
After a pneumonia shot, I kept getting pneumonia. One time it lasted 4 months. After a dog nip, I developed cellulitis and lymphitis. After getting a tetnus shot, I couldn’t walk for a week. A tick bite had me on antibiotics.

My face constantly gets cysts. My hair is disgusting and rather than dying it, I now wear wigs. I also have COPD and reynauds…and crazy things…like falling UP the stairs…getting dizzy. The ENT doc told me I should get hearing aids. Then my hearing was fine again…without the hearing aids.

I am so tired, and even though I am on an anti depressant,
it doesn’t seem to help. Sometimes I feel like I don’t care about anything.

Does anyone feel or experience anything like I do? Usually I get symptoms for about 2 weeks and then they go away.
Two weeks ago, I thought I had a bladder infection. Since I know how my system works, I took an antibiotic and it disappeared in the two weeks. I also stay away from crowds…making me germophobic.

I can relate to the depression and feeling tired. Not sure if I am depressed because I am tired or vice versa. I have recently been getting dizzy spells , didn’t think it could be the lupus, my Dr prescribed motion sickness pills that make me sleepy…I had a similar experience with Dr. I had a rash, family dr sent me to dermotologist that did an biopsy that came back showing syst lupus, had thousands of dollars worth of test and went to a reum. more of the same test and more $$$$$. Just to say come back in 3 months and we will do the test again and see how it is going…keep going, take it day by day…

Mel…

I have been out of town for a week. I could have sworn I saw a reply from you…but y’know the memory thing? No short term memory for me. I couldn’t find it.??? but that’s me…kinda dingy.
Yes, I can relate to all of you ailments. I just went to a GI and had a colonoscopy, diagnosis: Irritable bowel syndrome…more meds. Interstitial cystitis…meds, depression…meds…memory…ritalin…anxiety and not sleeping…I have the jumpy leg problem also…valium. I am on quite a few meds…including Plaquinil. I have dry eye syndrome so I have plugs in my tear ducts. My eyes are so sensitive to the light that I panic if I don’t have sunglasses…even on cloudy days. Sometimes when I wake up I feel like my eyes are being stabbed. It hurts s much. I use eye drops and sometimes wear one of those sleep masks. Went to neurologist…confirmed short term memory problems as well as depression and low self esteem among other things.
Today I have swollen glands and a sore throat and sores in my mouth…I feel like I’m going to get sick…but it usually goes away after a few days.
Right now, tho, I am beside myself with depression about the fatigue. My boyfriend thinks I’m lazy because it takes me so long to get up in the morning. My biological alarm clock is usually between 9 and 10 am. But life demands getting up much earlier…and that is rough. I have been called “the princess” more than once because I’m always in bed.
I am always at the doctor for one thing or another. I used to be so productive and I just cannot be that person any longer. The ironic thing is the doctor said exercise is very important for lupus patients…but the fatigue keep them from exercising. I try to take walks and ride my bicycle and it does help me feel better.
Take care
Boomer

Sores or ulcers in the mouth are part of the lupus.

As far as your eyes, you must continue to go to your eye doctor.  This could be a side effect from the placquenel.

Mel,
I am always tired, i’m lucky if i get out of bed by 10:30 in the morning.
I am up at night till at least2 or 3:00 in the morning with pain, which i take meds for. Then up at 7:30 to take the dog out. Then finally up between 10:30 or 11:00. Thats if i don’t have any dogs to walk or vacation sits for pet owners(I have my own business, pet sitter).Then I have to get up anywhere between 5 or 6:oo AM. And sometimes my last visit is between
10 or 12:00 midnight. This is a awful illness to have. I do feel better some days when i have to walk . I always have cold sores on both corners of my mouth, and get ulcers in my mouth or throat atleast once a month.

Hello, I am unavailable to read your message at this time.

In a message dated 5/30/2007 7:08:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lupus-cpt1074@lists.careplace.com writes:

I am always tired, i’m lucky if i get out of bed by 10:30 in the morning.

-------Hey, this is dawn in carolina and I read your email to Mel but do not
have
your name…

I, too, am tired all the time and feel bad sometimes when I just cannot GO…
especially when others need me…I was always the caregiver and it feels
strange to change over to the care needer…LOL

I have been DX for over 20 years now and so have had time to truly adjust…
I find Lupus/Fibro both come and go as they, individually, decide to and we
learn to handle it…sorta…as we age with it…

Peace to ALL…Dawn

************************************** See what’s free at http://www.aol.com.

Dawn,
It’s Stephanie, i live in Pa.

In a message dated 5/31/2007 12:09:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

Dawn,
It’s Stephanie, i live in Pa.

-----Hi, Stephanie…I just got on CarePlace and am kinda like a baby
trying
to walk…I have no idea what I am doing but I am enjoying myself as I
meet up
with fellow Lupeys on here…

Email anytime about anything…I am rather slow on answering as I have a
Grand daughter that stays with me this summer while her Daddy works…
She is 12…Therefore, I am 12, once again, with her…

She lights up my Life…:-)))

Peace…Dawn in SC

Hi everyone!

My problem is that since I am so tired, I must take a nap in the afternoons,
but then I can’t go to sleep until 2:30 in the AM.

Right now I am suffering with a bout of brochitis from a stupid cold I had
caught from a friend. Also, it seems my blood pressure is quite elevated.
160/100 so they have changed it again and upped the dosage.

On the outside, I look healthy. I find people don’t want to hear I don’t feel good nor understand. To them, if I look good, I am good!

If excedrin doesn’t help with the pain, and your doctor won’t give you meds for it, change your doctor.

It is hot out and sunny…don’t forget the rule of either covering up or don’t go out until after 4 pm.

In a message dated 6/1/2007 5:23:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

My problem is that since I am so tired, I must take a nap in the afternoons,
but then I can’t go to sleep until 2:30 in the AM.

-----------Hi Mel…this is Dawn in Carolina…Do you take
anything to
help you sleep?
I have been taking Elavil since 1990 and it works great for me but I have
heard
a few horror stories concerning it with some folks that are sensitive and
could
not take it…

We got a TS coming right for Fla and Ga, then over to us…YEAH…!!!
We all need rain in these states, especially GA…!!!

Peace to ALL…Dawn

Hi Dawn!

Yes, I do take meds to make me sleep.

Two PM Tyelnols plus 10 mg. of Valium.

If I don’t take the valium, I get TERRIBLE nightmares.

In a message dated 6/2/2007 4:09:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

Two PM Tyelnols plus 10 mg. of Valium.

If I don’t take the valium, I get TERRIBLE nightmares.

-----------Mel, I have valium also and have had it since 1990…I have
horrendous Panic Attacks…Usually in public back in the 90s…

They are few and far between now but I still have a few valium a month
that I need as I age…It just calms me down when any type of panic
or anxiety comes my way…and I mean that as…any type I cannot
handle…

Valium does not, however, put me to sleep…mof, I take more at one time
than is suggested and I have never went to sleep from it…So, I guess
I tolerate it easy…

Also, I also get bigtime Nightmares and I am on Elavil which says nightmares
are a side effect…I have been on Elavil since 1990 also…

This is gonna sound weird, but I like the Nightmares…LOL…My life
is
so Boring, I guess they make me feel more alive…LOL

No…I am not nuts…!!! :-0)))

Peace…Dawn