Depression in Marriage

I have a question? Can depression cause a marriage to go South? It just seems as though my husband cannot understand what is going on in my life and with my daughter and myself living with mom till she gets better, and him living at our house, it seems as though everything is crumbling underneath me.

I have no control and maybe that is why I am so frustrated is because I have no control on anything in my life.

Hi there, now I am no Doctor, but i think depression, especially chronic depression, can be hard on any relationship.

If i understand depression It makes our perception kinda off a bit, we feel un-love-able so it’s kinda hard to love us, we aren’t very receptive, our body chemistry is off, lots of areas are impacted by depression. It’s hard for others to see us as ill since we don’t look ill, etc.

If it goes on for a long while it’s draining, saps the stress handling ability, creates irritation, it can wear on everyone.

Families can suffer without support & understanding. Like I said I am not a doctor but I am going through a divorce where my illness has played the biggest roll in the demise of our marriage. There are many others who make it through the rough times, so keep the faith. I’ll send you good energy and hugs to help you and your husband get through these rough times.

Joy,
River