Depression

please help me my son suffers from depression very badly. he just does not partisipate in life. he was going to the doctor but he has stop going. my son is 29 years old. they had him on injections and he was doing so well but they stop giving him ths shots on november. and then in march he started gettin really bad. now he just sleep all day and he acts like his mind is else where. he sits around with his head down. or he is always on jis knees. please help me I am always crying because I want myson to be better. I want my son back I want to see him smile and laugh again.

LOU LOU. IM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR SON. COMING TO CAREPLACE WAS A VERY GOOD CHOICE. I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT YOU ARE SO NOT ALONE. MAYBE A NEW DOCTOR AND DIFFERENT MEDS. I KNOW SO MANY OF US ON CAREPLACE ARE OFTEN CHANGING MEDS WITH BETTER RESULTS. IT WOULD BE WORTH CHECKING OUT. HUGS SAMMI

Lou Lou - I feel for you, but sadly the only one who can do this is your son… he absolutely has to go the doctor and take medications if that is what will help… I know it’s hard for him and I know it’s hard for you - but HE has to be the one to take responsibility to do the things that will help him live a fulfilling life with this illness (and I know very well that it’s not easy to be in his position, but the truth is we are the only ones who can take the steps for ourselves to get treatment)… good luck to you both. Take care - remember you have to take care of yourself to stay strong and healthy… otherwise you won’t feel well either.

Lou Lou, Our hearts are with you and your son. Having depression at his age is a hard thing to deal with, espescially for the mother. I think myself, a person in as deep a depression as your son is takes away his motivation to help himself. However, as Timetoheal says, HE is the one who needs to help himself and all we can really do is be there to support him. Probably the best thing to do would be to coax him to go to his doctor and GO WITH HIM. Just you being there is a TON of support and he will be more likely to go (at least I would hope!). I understand that situations like this seem hopeless sometimes and that is why CarePlace is here, Lou Lou, for YOU. I hope and pray for the best for you and your son and if you ever want to talk or just unload…we are here!