Di swelling of legs/weight gain

Hi everyone,

Ok, this has been going on for 5 months…after a bout of thrush which I thought was the cause of my ocean of a thirst…and got that cleared up…realized more going on then I thought I was diabetic…have blood work done…sugar normal…it runs in the family…then found an endo that would take me she was straight out. I did a water depravation test…DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT HELL 3hours i was ready to killl some one for thier water bottle …AGAIN!..anyway lost like 5 pounds over 7 hours…even though legs and feet were swollen???..I find my thirst peaks worse than other times… I always need ice cold water with ice always with ice…Just bought a ice maker…then I go to the diet soda…I must have put on 40 pounds and I don’t eat like I did…just fluids…but the coldness in my mouth and going down its addicting…Going for a MRI of my pituary gland middle of July…so my 2 questions…swelling of the legs and feet and weight gain…is this because of the pituary gland? can I get this weight off? Doc said I had the water retention a long time and my insulin ouput was higher I had marks on my skin by arm pits showing this… urine not concentrated…I drink at night have to a big 32oz glass of ice water next to the bed…wake up every hour wicked thirsty dry mouth lips…and have to pee real bad and it repeats all night I walk around the house and neighborhood with a 7-11 52oz big gulp cup with ice and water or diet pepsi and ice…this is just crazy…thanks for reading…and hope everyone can find some peace and mind while dealing with this…I fully realize other people have way worse off but I was never a guy to sick with anything…thanks again

what type of DI were you diagnosed with? if you have CDI your thirst should be more under control if you are on meds. after I started DDAVP I put 14 lbs on in 3 months. didn’t take it one night and lost 6 lbs. I can’t live like that, so now I only take it when I absolutely need it. good luck!

In a message dated 7/7/2008 10:07:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
diabetes-insipidus-cpt9702@lists.careplace.com writes:

~--------------- sent via careplace.com
~-~ yogamom posted the message below in the Diabetes Insipidus Forum.
~-~ The entire conversation can be found here:
http://www.careplace.com/page/1475#forum-thread-9702
~-~ To respond to this message, reply to this email or sign in to
CarePlace.com
~-~ To start a new conversation, email
diabetes-insipidus@lists.careplace.com or sign in to CarePlace.com
~-~ To see yogamom’s profile, go here: http://www.careplace.com/view/18587
~--------------- all text below this line will
be cut off in your reply

what type of DI were you diagnosed with? if you have CDI your thirst should
be more under control if you are on meds. after I started DDAVP I put 14 lbs
on in 3 months. didn’t take it one night and lost 6 lbs. I can’t live like
that, so now I only take it when I absolutely need it. good luck!
yogamon I understand was doing the same and had the same problems one day
with mowing the lawn and doing water aerobic the next day I’m in the hospital
again dehydrated
__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to
http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

**************Get the scoop on last night’s hottest shows and the live music
scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!
(http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)

Hi I have not been officially diagnosed as of yet…going for a MRI on P-gland tuesday…so this medication keeps that much fluid in you?? not good…I got way to much in my legs and feet?..does your DI peak and drop? as in the Majority of the time your drinking glass after glass of ice water or whatever and then…everyonce in a while its way more normal…like it was before you got it?..you know what I mean?

I feel you on the huge cup thing. I recently found out that I can get a 44 ounce of gatorade at he ampm next to my house and work. I’m up to 2 a day. of gatorade but about 10-12 refills of water in between. i hate it but it’s my life.people look at me crazy but they will see crazy if I do not get enough to drink. I tell people it’s like a heroin addict if you take away their hit. They will pretty much do what ever it takes to get it.

hahaha, i so know where you all are coming from. and nikkiortiz i always tell people that im a crackhead and water is my choice of drug! I am on the nose spray and my weight is staying the same. I cant lose weight tho. I have stopped eating and just keep drinking lol. If I dont take the nose spray the thurst drives me insain!!! I cant do anything but run to the bathroom and drink. Last visit in the hospital they made me NPO for three hours and the nurses ended up not coming in the room cause I became evil. I do have some puffiness from all the water i drink but i would rather deal with that then the craziness from not having the meds. Also does anyones temper flair other then mine when you cant have a drink? i mean i dont mean to be mean but its like my body and mind goes into a whirl wind when i cant have just a glass of ice ice ice cold water :smiley: