Di

will i lose weight with central di?? i would actually like to talk to others my age 56 or about di and where i find a cup with ounces to measure all my drinks?? what fluid restriction is everyone on over all??

I am 54 and was just diagnosed with central di. I have been putting on weight for no reason. I feel puffy and bloated. I don’t know where you heard you’d lose weight, that’s new one on me. I am not on any fluid restriction. I am on DDAVP, so I am supposed to just drink normally. as far as a cup with oz to measure your drinks, I am not sure why you want to measure your drinks, but you can try a store like linens n’things or bed bath and beyond. even a supermarket would have a measuring cup.

were you told to measure your drinks? just curious

Stopping the HC is what is making me potentially lose weight, and the lack of
production of HC sometimes goes in tandem with pituitary di issues.

Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel Guides.

(http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016)

HOW COME NO ONE IS ON A FLUID RESTRICTION WITH THE MEDICATION I AM TAKING AND YOU ARE TAKING AS WELL. YOUR ELECTROLYTES CAN BE LOW AND TAKE A HEART ATTACK AS WELL. MY DOC TOLD ME HOW SERIOUS IT IS AND WHAT TO DO?? SO I COUNT HOW MANY 700CC A DAY FOR FLUID.
THIS IS MY PROBLEM I AM THIRSTY ALL THE TIME AND LIKE TO DRINK AND NOT COUNT AND JUST KEEP DRINKING AS WELL. I AM SO THIRSTY RIGHT NOW HAVING JUST ONE CUP OF COFFEE THAT IS ALL I AM HAVING SO FAR TODAY HELP ME OK??

Kat, I think you mentioned you had central di. are you on DDAVP? I am, and when it is working and I am balanced I am not overly thirsty like before I was treated.