Diabetes Type 1 Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Diabetes Type 1. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

I AM A MOTHER OF 3 AND HAVE 2 GRANDSONS. THE BOYS ARE MOVED OUT AND MY DAUTHER TIA IS 12. THIS WHOLE THING CONTROLS OUR LIVES. GOD IS THE ONLY THING HOLDING ME IN THERE RIGHT NOW. I DONT HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THIS AND I FEEL LIKE I AM NOT A WHOLE WOMAN NO MORE. I WAS GOING TO GET MARREID THIS SPRING AND SINCE I HAD THE OSTOMY SURGERY IN MAY AND HAVE TO LIVE WITH THISBAD NOW HE LEFT US THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING. WHAT A THANKS!

I am Bipolar, and although they say it is mild, and I can believe that, at times it is very difficult to live with, esp. when I start going into an episode. I want to connect with other people that are bipolar, and esp. when I’m beginning to go into a crisis stage, or episode. I need someone to talk right then that really understands. Sometimes I’m fine, and can be encouraging to others, but when I’m on the down side, I’m no fun to be around. Even lately, my manics are no fun. I have a chronic kidney failure condition, with one kidney as well, so the doctor had to reduce my meds for the bipolar. So now I’m taking only 150 mg. of Welbutrin, as compared to 300 and only 600 mg. of the Neurontin, as compared to 1800 mgs., so the manics are breaking through. I’m a rapid cycler any way, so any reduction in my mood stabilizer can really affect me. So hopefully, I’ll find people in here just like me

I would like to connect with people who have diabetes at a young age and how they cope with it from day to day. Just general experiences really!

I am 24 have had diabetes now for 22 years - i’m an out going person and would like a little help/advice as i find chatting to other with diabeties I learn alot from their experiences

I have a hard time controlling my Type I diabetes due to the cost of supplies. Haven’t had insurance in years and was recently diagnosed with kidney disease. Is there help out there?

I’ve had type one diabetes for ten years now. Recently I have changed from MDI to an insulin pump and am loving the freedom. I also run the diabetes related blog The Dawn Phenomena. Check it out at http://www.thedawnphenomena.net

=)

hiya,
my name is bronwyn :slight_smile: but most my friend know me as bronni
i am 15 years old and my favourite hobbie is dancing :slight_smile:
i have joined this site because i have type 1 diabetes which i have had for about 1 year.

my brother went into a diabetic coma 6 months ago and was in untensive care for several weeks and now has got a brain injury.i live in manchester and my brother has been brought over to live at mine from hudderstfield thats where he lived but wasnt taking care of him self and nearly ended up in a coma again.dont even know what foods to give or anything about the condition

dx’d 9/1989 at age 7. tokyo, portland, seville. vegetarian.

A walking contradiction: half-Oregonian/half-Californian, a Christian in a mostly Jewish family, hates the rain but lives in Oregon where it rains almost six months straight, a chocoholic who has lived with diabetes for thirteen years, and a book addict with a short attention span.

I’ve had type 1 for over 20 years. I’m the mom of two wonderful boys and I recently published a book called “When You’re a Parent with Diabetes”.

My story? Just ask me … its a lot faster and easier!

I am a Born Again Diabetic determined to start again with a new attitude towards my disease. I would love to meet more Type 1 Diabetics who are pumping (like me) to share ideas with and learn from.

My name is Jeremy. I live in NW Oregon. I’m 20yrs old, and was diagnosed with type I Diabetes 2yrs ago, just before I turned 18.

Type-1 diabetes since 1986, pumping since 2001 with Minimed (522 with sensor since August 2006). Just finishing renovating a 150 year old house on coastal Nova Scotia.

learn and understand type i diabetes. i am a 48 year old mother of two grown up sons

Sudden onset of diabetes in my adulthood — from normal to 600 sugar in 2 weeks — with a weight loss of 7 lbs in that time. Self diagnosed (proud of me!) and went to my family doctor who sent me to the emergency room.
I still work (love my job – teaching) and am learning to juggle and balance my activities and home responsibilities(many, many pets). My family (husband, daughters especially — both adult and with families of their own – one lives away,in another state) are supportive, which is immensely helpful. I remain optimistic, and need to find better, natural means rather than drugs. Insulin I will need, but Altace (to regulate blood pressure, which is always normal except for the hospital stay!) has to go - the sooner the better. I know they want to keep my blood vessels healthy, to prevent kidney, eye etc. problems ---- but there has to be a better way than Altace (side effects? phew!)
I am interested in connecting with people who have been there done that. I need a fellow-diabetic who is like minded …

I am 23. About 2 years ago, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, which I thought would never be possible. My father and I both have type 1 diabetes. He has lost both legs due to complications with the disease which has me scared to death about my own future. I am currently participating in classes to be put on the pump. I hope this will help me in controling my diabetes and put me at ease.

Just here to meet new friends.