Diabetes Type 2 Member Introductions

i am interested in this because i have many problems. and i could use some support. i want to learn more about type 2 diabetes and healthy eatting. i want to meet other people with type 2 diabetes and are having weight problems and problems eatting healthy.

Have type 2 diabetes,for6 yrs .have got nuerapathy, or phn , in legs and feet.

Hello,
My name is Trish and Im joining this website because I would like to share my journey through life with diabetes with other fellow diabetics.

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this community . I was diagnosed with Inslin resistance , and Metabolic Syndrome about 4 yrs ago. I am on Glucophage 2 times a day so far. I am unhappily married , have a wonderful 15 yr old that I love dearly. I am afraid that she too is Insulin resitant.
That is all I know to put , I am sleepy so,
night,
mommiemed

My 81 yr old Dad has been diagnosed with Fibrosing Mediastinitis. He has been in the hospital in ICU for 2 months with that illness and also with distended abdomen problem. He has a trach now with alot of thick mucus. He’s on 15 mg prednisone for mediastinitis,down from 20mg. He’s got type 2 diabetes which means he can’t be given a larger dose of prednisone which raises his blood sugar which is now in the 200’s. He can’t walk now and must go for rehab for many months. I’d be interested to find out any new treatments for this illness. I’d like to talk to other members who have this illness.

I have had type 2 Diabetes for 10 years and still am not able to get it under control. I am now on Insulin and have been diagnosed with Glaucoma, COPD, CHF, CAD an Peripheral Neuropathy. I am unable to do any exercise and would like to learn to enjoy life more.

Recently diagnosed with diabetes. Trying to find out more info on some of the strange things that are happening to me.

Hi. I recently found out that a loved one might have Diabetes Mellitus II. Can anyone here give me information about it? Thank you. Wayne

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2. Life changes are being made to adjust to this disease but man it’s hard! Hope to get some help learning about this from the group members. Thanks!

Hello, I am a newbie to the group. I was diagnosed Type 2 just before Thanksgiving 1999 and that spoiled that entire holiday season. At the time I weighed about 196 lbs on a 5’ 6" frame - so I was a fatty. In 6-months I peeled off 35 lbs and my blood sugars came down markedly. I started off at around 225 and got down to the 120 range; later I was to hover around 85-95. My A1C also got down to under 6.0 for a few years - now over the past 24 months they have edged up to 6.0 to 6.6. So I have good control, but I do have some foot numbness and rotator cuff irritation has set in. I am 80 years old, so am not worried too much about life shortening. I hope to learn more new stuff about DT2 here. Thanks for reading this far - I tend to be a gas bab.