Discussion for the day

alright, i want to get something started here, because i notciced that talking goes in waves on here, and i think that talkin on here hsould be treated a bit like AA meetings, and should have something goin on everyday, so i decided to start up a topic of the day thing here… and even if no one replires, i put something down to be read and thought about.

Alright… topic for today, service work. For those in AA, whether you have a lot of time or not, what service work are you doing to help you stay sober?

yes it does, gotta do something, well… it is the mntality of Faith without works is an empty faith…

I pick up my sponser for meetings because she don’t have a car(someone stole it). does that count?
~ashley~

im not in AA, so can i ask what service work is? is it like, volunteering and stuff?

it can be… there are ppl that use church, and they get really involved in their church, others volunteer at soup kitchens, but in the rooms of AA, it refers to the ppl who do the stuff that keeps the meetings alive, like settingu p before a meeting, making the coffee, chairing a meeting, driving ppl to meetings, being on a phone list to get a “12-step” call to help someone…

Just picked up a new sponsee, 20 yr. old kid that’s been through the ringer. Showed interest in the steps so i agreed to take him through them. my sponsor said that it would be a great way to help me not foccuss on the stuff that’s going on in my life right now and i have to say that it has brought me right back to the beginning for me. Oh Boy, I even get to go threw the steps again!!!:slight_smile: cool though becuase step work to me is an ongoing prossess and can only help shed the next layer of the onion. Thanks for the new post James, great Idea!!!

D~