Do I have Bipolar?

If I have been severly depressed more than 6 times in my life and have MAJOR mood swings From feeling like I can do anything to I cant do anything…Right now I am depressed and getting more and more so every day. Just 1 week ago I felt normal now I have anxiety, crying and intese thoughts of death and sleeping too much or on the other end I cant sleep I just Cry.

Sorry, none of here can diagnose you. You need to see a doc to have a professional evaluate what’s happening.

Since you say you’ve had “thoughts of death” this is very important. SEE A DOCTOR!

hugs,
Christine

DITTO!!!

We don't have to know you to love you already-we KNOW your pain and your suffering.

Please, please, PLEASE get professional help! Even if you need inpatient care to determine meds and to support you and keep you safe temporarily.

You don't have to live that way. We will be here.

Hugs, Phoenix

ive been that depressed more than once and decided to check myself into the hospital. at least see a doctor so he can advise you on what to do. When you start having thoughts of death, thats a red flag that you really need professional help.

I should have said this in my first email.

If you have no other place to get immediate help – there is an option – if you are willing and able to be admitted to a hospital.

Walk into the closest Emergency Room and say you have been thnking a lot about death/suicide. They have to admit you for evaluation and care once you have told them that. I don’t know how old you are, and that is important for this reason: If you are under 18 and go into a hospital, they must (by law) notify your parent(s) or guardian(s). If you are over 18, you may keep it all confidential.

As Phoenix said, we don’t need to know anything other than the fact that you are here, and you are hurting. You became our friend the moment you registered.

hugs,
christine

My son has bipolar, and I agree with the others. Time to see a doctor. They have great meds out for bipolar now. Email me anytime and Good Luck!!

P.S. My son suffered for almost eight years before he was diagnosed with bipolar, so don’t wait!!