Do You Tell Someone That Their Spouse Is Having An Affair?

I have a friend well actually both of them are friends of mine , and she has revealed to me that she is having an affair. I don't know if I should tell her husband or not. In one way I think that it is none of my business but she told me. The other side of me wants him to know so that he can deal with it.

What would you do in this situation??!

Tough question. If it were me, I’d want you to spill your guts, because that ain’t right. But I’ve been on the other end too, and I wish someone would have spilled their guts to my significant other. It’s your call, my friend.
LY~Katie

Whether this person knows it or not,she is in jeopardy of not only destroying her marriage, but of any friendship she assaults with this secret.
If only she realized the pressure it puts on a friend;to keep a secret she was better off not hearing.
I know friends aren’t supposed to judge each other,but I don’t know if I could help but feel a little resentful for the secret,and for realizing she is capable of behaving the way she is,and feeling justified in doing it.
I’m only guessing but if she didn’t feel justified at least on some level,she’d stop.

THAT IS REALLY A TOUGH ONE. I DON’T KNOW IF IT IS BETTER TO HERE IT OFF THE STREET SO TO SPEAK OR HEAR IT FROM A FRIEND. IT’S TOUGH CAUSE YOU ARE FRIENDS WITH BOTH. IF YOUR FRIEND (THE ONE WHO IS CHEATING) SHOULD TELL HIM THEMSELF IF I AM READING THIS CORRECTLY. YOU SHOULD NOT BE PUT ON THE SPOT. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN THINGS TO DEAL WITH WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN SOMEONE HAVING AN AFFAIR. MY OPINION NO DISRESPECT BUT THAT IS A TOUGH ONE.

I would stay out of it, for many reasons. Your friend put you in a very bad position, but sometimes it is easier to “shoot the messenger” in these situations, so for me, I would just stay out of it.

MY FIRST HUSBAND WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR FOR MONTHS, EVERYONE KNEW BUT ME,AT FIRST I WAS UPSET , THAT NO ONE TOLD ME, AND I FELT LIKE A FOOL,BUT LATER ON , I KNEW THEY TRIED TO PROTECT ME AND NOT GET INVOLVED,THE MORE I THOUGHT ABOUT IT,I WOULD DO THE SAME,I WOULD NEVER TELL ANYONE, I KNEW THIER SPOUSE WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR,THEY DID THE RIGHT THING,HUGS/CHAR

Been there…

Best suggestion is tell your friend you will not hear anything more about the “affair”. No discussions, details, nothing. What she does in her marriage is her business. From that point on you are out of it.

She may continue it, break it off, whatever. Just keep your distance from that topic. She will find someone else to talk about it with… good luck

I WOULDNT TELL BECAUSE THEY WILL PROBABLY BOTH TURN ON YOU. THATS USUALLY THE WAY THAT IT HAPPENS. I DONT THINK PEOPLE SHOULD BURDEN OTHERS WITH SECRETS LIKE THAT BECAUSE IT MAKES YOUR MORAL COMPASS GO CRAZY. YOU COULD ENCOURAGE YOUR FRIEND TO COME CLEAN BUT THAT ISNT LIKELY TO HAPPEN. EITHER WAY YOU LOSE BECAUSE NOW YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOURSELF FOR NOT TELLING BUT IF YOU TELL YOU COULD LOSE YOUR FRIENDSHIP. I WOULDNT TELL.