Does anyone think Singulair caused their depression?

The reason I ask is because I believe Singulair is the root cause of all my problems. So much so that my doctor just took me off of it. I was on singulair for almost 7 years and never once did I suspect that that was the cause. Until now. Please read my old journal posts and see if anything is the same for you. My symtoms got worse when I was on other anti-deprssants, but still had symtoms without. I have been on many anti-depressants (about 15) and none seemed to work, only made things worse. Since I have been off of the anti-deprssants, my sleeping problems have got dramatically better. those episodes happen very rarely now. But now it seems my anxiety has got worse. I am scared to be in front of people and crowds. Some of my friends I have only seen a few times in the last 4 years. I havent been to a bar in over 3 years. I rarely play poker with the guys (it used to be every weekend). And most importantly I havent been able to keep a job.
Last year, I made just over $200.00 for the entire year. Yes that is pitiful. My family didnt even qualify for the economic stimulus. You need to earn $3000.00. 2006 all I made was $2500.00.
The last job I worked was a cashier for 2 weeks. The last day I worked I had a huge Anxiety attack. I was dizzy, and I couldnt stop sweating. I was literally dripping sweat all over myself and the customers items. My entire shirt was soaked, and it was like i just washed my hair - sopping wet. I told the manager the next day that I just couldnt do it.

Everyone still gives me a hard time about my inability to work. I dont know what it is, but when I work or even fill out an application, I start to have severe anxiety, and then I usually wind up sleeping. Since I have been not working it seems better, but I need to get back to work. Whenever I go to the grocery store, I suddenly feel dizzy, and if everyone is watching me. I shop as quickly as possible to get the heck out of there, because I feel like I am going to pass out from the anxiety.

Anyway, I feel the Singulair is the cause of all my problems. I have ben off of it for 1 week now. I will let you know if I do get better.

Looking at the side effects of Singulair, especially the new ones they just added, makes complete sense of what I have been going through. Mainly the anxiety, depression and behavioral and mood changes, but also the suicidal thoughts. I would never actually commit suicide, but those thoughts came often.

The FDA has been looking into this since March 27th, and I expect them to pull this drug when they can prove Singulair is causing people all these problems. I have also been looking into lawsuits against Merck, but it seems too early right now. I feel there will be a class action lawsuit sometime down the road.

I have full cooperation from my family doctor, and will try to get my psyciatrists soon.
It will be such a relief if it is the Singulair. I have lost at least 4 years of my life because of my anxiety and depression. I have almost lost my wife and family, and have lost some friends due to this.
Almost everyone I knew thought I was causing this myself and just didnt want to work and live off the government. The psychologists thought I just wanted to live off of my and my wifes parents. But for 4 years. Come on now.

When I do get better and can prove it was the Singulair, Merck is going to pay. I have been through complete Hell for at least 4 years, and I’m sure longer than that. Who knows how long it will take to get a job, an accountant job that I went to school for. My work history is in shambles, and will take a long time to fix.
my family owes so much money to friends and family, that some are disowning me. Money was supposed to be paid back a long time ago, but I was still unable to work. I am still waiting for a decision for my disabilty. It already has been 1 year and 4 months, and my lawyer said it will be another 5 months at least before I can get a hearing with a judge. And then how long does it take after that???

And what happens if it was the Singulair and I get better. Would I lose the disabily then?? Would I have to wait until the lawsuit happens. That could be 5 plus years away!!!

PLEASE REPLY BACK IF YOU CAN RELATE, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON SINGULAIR, OR DISABILITY OR ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP ME AND OTHERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS

THANKS SLIPPERY00

I guess not…

I really thought there would be at least a few people that maybe the singulair caused their depression… I am convinced it was in my case
I have been off it for more than 2 months now and I am finally getting back to normal. I still have some issues but in the most part I am getting better. It will probably take me a little longer since I was on singulair for 7 years…
It all stated the same time I got married and started having kids and starting my family with a brand new degree in Accounting with a 3.65 GPA. I lost any chance of getting a career and have lost every job I have had since. I lost many good friends and almost lost my family. Noone believed me, thought it was all in my head. I saw 6 psyciatrists and psychologists. I had 3 of them telling me I caused this myself and I wanted to be depressed!!!
I now have tons of bills we havent been able to pay, have borrowed thousands of dollars that I havent been able to repay.
In short, My life has been a living Hell. I am finallly starting to be able to go in public again, and have started again to look for a job. I believe Merck, the maker of Singulair, ows me at least the last 4 years and maybe more of my life.

If anyone else has a similar story please share it.

I can honestly say, NO.

My husband has been on Singulair for several years and I called and asked him and we talked about it for a little bit, and he did notice a change about the time that he started using Singulair. He was starting to feel depressed but it was not attributed to Singular, but to operations and his general health conditions, so they kept him ON the Sinular and that is when they added Lexapro for him to start taking also with it.

He just recently (in the past 3 weeks) stopped taking both of them, and I can definatley tell a difference, and it is NOT for the better.

slippery, I was on Singulair myself but didn’t notice any difference in the severity of my depression and anxiety (which I’ve had for many, many years). The med helped me breathe for sure. The right mix of head meds is the secret to my so-called ‘normal’ life. Talk to your doc.

It depends on where you live to determine how long it takes to get a court date for SSDI these days. I applied in Aug. 2005 and was awarded SSDI in June 2007. The longer it takes, the more your backpay check is (after your lawyer gets 25% of it - capped at $5300). It’s a long drawn out process. Near the end of the waiting game for a court date, I asked my lawyer to request an on-the-record decision (OTR is where the judge reviews your claim and makes a decision before you even have a court date). I was approved and got my backpay check within a couple of weeks. It just showed up in my bank account. MAN! That was a pleasant surprise. Hang in there.

For more information and support forum, visit:

http://groups.msn.com/socialsecuritydisabilitycoalition

There is a TON of information to help you win your case. It’s a free group to join and it is highly recommended! Good luck!