Dr. Susan Love

Dear breast cancer forum members. I,m an 8 year survivor of breast cancer and I,m doing fine. I had a ductal tumor that had broken through the ductwall and was very busy setting up its own blood supply when discovered. Just a small army of invaders that had set up housekeeping in my left breast . I was Stage 2 and very fortunate. It hadn,t reached my lymph nodes but I had a few removed to be safe. I had a total mastectomy of the left breast. reduction of the right breast and a saline filled pillow was inserted under the muscle of the left breast. Amazingly enough , this was all done at once, with a surgeon on either side of my chest. I was treated with chemotherapy. I made many visits to the plastic surgeon so he could add saline to the pillow, a bit each week to make the breasts symetrical. Its always a choice deciding to get reconstruction or not. After watching a film on nipple replacement I opted out. I decided at my age I had developed enough personality to cover any occasion, even having one nipple. My hubby calls me “pididdle” which was an old nickname for a car with one headlight. LOL I do have a nutty journal somewhere around here about losing my hair and having it all grow in like pubic hair. No not public, pubic. Ok , so I chatted your ear off. Now I would like to suggest a book to the newly diagnosed. It Is " Dr. Love,s Breast Book" . Its has all the information you will need and will help alleviate your need for answers. I hope this little chat will help you along your road to wellness and help you to see that you will come through this like a champ ! Love gramms