Eczema Member Introductions

I am like mayasmom in that I am here to try and help my child. He’s 7 months old and has had exczema all his life
I’d really like to get it under control.

Hi I have a 2 1/2 yr old son who has Eczema, Asthma, Allergies Iam looking for help with treatments i read an article about prescriptions creams he uses that can cause cancer so iam looking for some other remedies

Hi I am a mother of a 17 month old baby boy who has had severe eczema since about the age of 5 months. He also has food and environmental allergies as well. I am getting very frustrated with the doctors here. They can only offer suggestions for the control of this disease. My son is up pretty much up the whole night scratching his hands and feet. We put socks on his hand but he can take them off. I have him sleep with me because if I dont he will be a bloody mess in the morning. He does take Zyrtec twice a day. We have also taken out all carpet, and gotten rid of pets,etc.

I am at my wits end. Does this ever get any better??? I havent had a full nights sleep in 17 months either.

I am glad I found this site, better late than never.

I am so tired of people saying dumb things to us when we are out shopping. We have heard it all, from “does he have chicken pox,” to “has he been in a car accident.” I just get frustrated sometimes. We have even had kids come up to us and say" he is ugly, what is wrong with him?"

Anyway, just wanted to tell a little about our situation here, and ask if anyone has any words of encouragement for us, I would really love that. It is nice to know I am not alone in this.

My 5 year old daughter has had this almost since she was born. It is a horrible disease, that makes you crazy sometimes. Every doctor you go says something different…bathe everyday…no only every other day…no only a few times a week…I mean they want you to go crazy i think! My daughter’s eczema is so bad most of the time that i don’t let her wear shorts or dresses as everyone stares and asks “what is that?” it is hard. They are always all scabby and bloody because you can’t keep them from scratching ALL the time. I happen to find this site through looking for a yahoo group…wow wish I would have found this sooner!