Elite Controlers ( Long term Survivors)

In the past I told of the genitic testing that is being done at the University of Massachusetts pertaining to  pos people that have never progressed or needed meds for over 1 years. And I told of my hubby that was a part of this study. After giving up a dozen GIANT vials of blood months ago we finally got a call regarding his bloodwork. They would like to get MORE blood due to the fact that his viral load is soooooooo low they could hardly find it. This is amazing news for all of us folks. You know that the scale for test whether one is undetectable can not measure below 50. Well his numbers seem to be in the single digits. How this can be only God knows. Well I just wanted to share the update with all. Now to get the docs to drain out my med infested blood and to pump me up;with his clean high test would be great. …riverlassie

Excellent news!!!

Am glad to hear about your hubbys bloodwork.  Most encouraging. 

Last time hubby had both arms tied up at the same time with 2 techs working each arm. He came home with band-aids allll over his arms. Couldn’t drink anything for 3 days for fear that he would turn into a human sprinkler !!!

there was a typo error in first message. the time frame that the study is looking into is people that have had no meds or any oportuntistics in 10 years and more not the 1 year as previouly typed. Don’t know whos boo-boo that was but I’m blaming the darn puter cause we knows wes alll purfect !!!

I'm 13 years poz, no meds and no opportunistics but my numbers are nowhere near as good as your husbands.

That's just amazing.

Now  we’re waiting for the special kit that gets fed ex here for his next ton of bloodwork. He’s such a hard stick most times. Thats one of the perks from long time drug usage. Use to be if we went for bloodwork together I would end up being the one getting a hit since that was my " job" during " those days " But boy did it give me some drug dreams of fustration. But we shall see how all goes. Keep you all posted as it progresses.

great news!

As I’ve told yous in this thread about my hubby, we have come to a conclusion why God has seen it fitting for my spouse to be the " freak " of nature I lovingly call him. . It’s all for the genitic tests that are being done with his blood. I know there are others but so far no one has " stepped up to the plate" in this web site. I wish someone else would. He has " survived" many situations where he really should be dead. Between car accidents, overdoses, and having an ice pick held to his throat, then the hep c and now the HIV there is a reason that he is still walking and healthy as and stuborn as a mule. Sounds crazy but what else could it be ? And in a strange way we think God allowed him to become infected so that he can be a part of helping to find a cure .
I sure wish more folks would respond this discussion in hopes of giving their thoughts in this very important matter.

My husbands brother is HIV poitive for over 15 years and no meds. I don’t know what his counts are because he is in prison and they don’t have the best health plan there. I see him occasionaly and I know he is very muscular and healthy looking. Hasn’t lost any of the fat in his face, and in general is healthy. It has never affected him. He reports not even having a cold in years. And I don’t know if it is signifigant or not but my husband and I were together ALOT (wink wink) for over year before he found out he was pos and had quite a viral load when we discovered his status. I also do not get sick ever and I never contracted the disease. Probably just luck there.

My husbands brother is HIV poitive for over 15 years and no meds. I don’t know what his counts are because he is in prison and they don’t have the best health plan there. I see him occasionaly and I know he is very muscular and healthy looking. Hasn’t lost any of the fat in his face, and in general is healthy. It has never affected him. He reports not even having a cold in years. And I don’t know if it is signifigant or not but my husband and I were together ALOT (wink wink) for over year before he found out he was pos and had quite a viral load when we discovered his status. I also do not get sick ever and I never contracted the disease. Probably just luck there.