Enbrel and side effects

I was diagnosed with juvenile RA and now have RA. I have - over 30 years - tried many different treatments. I took Enbrel successfully for 4+ years until this spring. I experienced double vision and tests indicated demyelination. I have been told by the neurology team on my case that this may be because of Enbrel; in fact, Enbrel has been connected to Multiple Sclerosis type symptoms. I asked my rheumatologist about this and he said he knew of no such side effects.
I am now having periodic MRIs to help determine if this was a one time episode, brought on the Ebrel - or if I am developing MS. I am no longer taking Enbrel.
Has anyone had a similar episode or side effects from Enbrel?

Hi, I just joined this group as well as another to find out more about Enbrel… they are pushing this for my 13yo daughter as a miracle treatment. On the other group (for parvo sufferers, my daughter developed RA after a bout of fifth’s disease) a lady warned me against Enbrel saying she discovered spots and an actual hole in the brain after using this stuff and apparently it is part of the black box warning… here’s one link someone else on that forum shared with me about the demylenating effects of Enbrel http://www.ljm.org.ly/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1198 -you are definitely not alone in this. The gal on the other forum mentioned she had no legal repercussions because apparently she found out after the fact some forms she signed warned of this possibility, but maybe you have a legal case to pursue here. This information needs to get out there, it is shameful that your rheumatologist was not aware of this potential.

OMG, I"ve been on enbrel for 7 yrs and so far have not noticed any side-affects but I"m glad to of seen this so I can discuss it w/my dr. I realize that we are the guinea pigs on these new drugs b/c they haven’t been out long enough for any real findings on them. its extremely scary to me but I also saw my mother and grandmother die w/what this disease can do to you if not managed. So I don’t know whats worse but I’m scrared of all the drugs for RA.