Endometriosis Member Introductions

Hi, I was diagnosed with endo back in 2001. 18 months ago I finally had a hysterectomy for stage 4 endo after reaching the point of being barely able to walk. The last 18 months have been a nightmare, and now, Unfortunately, I have been disabled now for almost a year, lost my job (being paid disability), and have constant pain. I am on strong narcotics for pain, but even those don’t remove the pain. I have to use a mobility scooter if we go to the store, and i can’t drive.
I’ve recently been in contact with the CEC, and they have removed my file and scheduled me for surgery. Dr. S. was so kind on the phone, and gave me hope for the first time in such a long time. But I do feel overwhelmed by it all. I am terrified that the surgery won’t work, and I will spend the rest of my life in this pain.
Right now I am scheduled for surgery August 3rd…and it is expected to be a major surgery, not only removing my remaining ovary, but also repairing the problems that have occured in the last 12 months.

Hey!!! My name is Rachel and about seven months ago I had a diagnostic laparoscopy performed. My doctor found a lot of endometriosis, but they were away from my ovaries. such a blessing! About two weeks after the procedure I started having nausea every three days or so, which would last all day and be gone by the following day. My doctor said it really is not related to the procedure, if it is every couple of days. He said it may be a virus. So, three weeks ago I started Lupron Therapy and my nausea has become more extreme and occurs as often as every other day and sometimes every day. I don’t feel other symptoms other than being a little tired, but… Any ideas or suggestions?

I am interested in hearing/learning about endometriosis because I have endometriosis. I was diagnosed by laproscopy 18 years ago. My syptoms have been getting worse lately, the pill no longer works to control my pain and periods. My husband and I are wanting to start a family in the next year or two, and I am wondering how endometriosis will effect our chances.

Hi my name is karen and I have endometriosis and am getting ready to have surgery on july 16th. Four years ago I had a hysterectomy and my right ovary removed which had a tumor on it. Now I am having surgery again to get my left ovary removed and to clean me up on my insides. Has any one else been thru this?Please write to me.
sincerely leaf

My name is Daun, I’m a 28/F. I was formally diagnosed with endo in 2006 when I went through an infertility workup. My endo came back with a vengence following my initial surgery, and I’m now taking Lupron and HRT. I’m scheduled for a complete hysto and excision procedure in December.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

~ Daun

Hello- I am new to this site and I hope that this is what I have been looking for. I am 30 years old married with a wonderful 2 year old little girl. I have been technically diagnosed with endo after the birth of my daughter. I have been through well let’s see maybe 5 or 6 laps. to help and diagnose the endo. I will be having another next week. My doctor is in fear it has spread to my intestines and maybe bladder. I am in pain every day. Usually all the time. I am trying to have another baby before everything is just removed. I also have PCOS which makes it even harder to get pregnant. I am really hoping to meet others like me and that can offer support and advise and hopefully I can do the same. Thank you.

Hello My name is Sara. I am 27 and was diagnosed with Endo Nov of 2007. I have been married for 8 years and i have 4 wonderful kids. It looks that no treatments are working so i am in for a hysto soon.

Hello My name is Stacy i am 28 and I just found out i have endometriosis on friday when they did the laposcopic surgery on me. My doctor tells me that i will have to have a full historectomy soon but until that happens he is giving me a shot tomorrow that will put me into menopause for 3 months. All i know is the back pain with this has been very bad. Sorry for the spelling.

Hi Stacy-I have been suffering many years with endometreosis. I had another laporoscopy last month and the endo has spread significantly and is into my bowels. I am having a full hysterectomy next Tuesday. I can’t wait-I have been wanting to do it for over ten years! I sympathize with your pain-the back pain is unbelievable and for several years now I have had pelvic pain daily and for the past year I have been vomiting with my periods. I am 44 so you are quite a bit younger than I, but don’t let them drag it out too long. If they had taken care of the endo years ago it woudn’t have progressed like it did, making for many years of suffering for me!