Endometriosis Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Endometriosis. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

I have suffered from this condition since 11 years of age but wasn’t dignosed till I was 39 years old. This condition has rendered me infertile & suffering from ME/CFS/FMS. I have endured misdignosis & severe neglect at the hands of disbelieving medics.

I am 24 years old, I was diagnosed about 6 months ago. My doctor started me on depo luperon about 3 months ago. So far I have mixed feelings about it. It seems to have helped some and I’m not having a period anymore but I am still having pain, among side effects of hot flashes, and sleepless nights.

I have endometriosis. I was diagnosed in 2001, I have had to laproscopic excisions and I am in constant pain.I would like to connect with others who have this disease.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 2 years. Recently I had a laparoscopy and was diagnosed with endometriosis. I’m looking for others that I can talk to about the pain and sadness that come with the disease and the sorry side effect it has on fertility.
-Jaz

my name is brittany and im 17. i have been experiencing stomache pains for many years. it wasent until about 2 and a half years ago they found out i had endometriosis. i had a surgical procedure the day after christmas of last year and still have endrometriosis. im now recieving lupron depot shots and am hoping to get rid of this painful disorder. im hoping to find people with endometrisos like me to talk to about it with.

My doctor suspects I may have either endometriosis or IBS. Among other symptoms, I have constant unrelenting cramps all month long. Sometimes the pain is debilitating. I need more information to help me make a decision regarding a laparoscopy.

I have endometriosis again after having a hysterectomy 4 years ago . I am having surgery in July. Is there anyone else out there that has had this happen to them? I want to connect with other women who can tell me how to deal with this ?

i just want to talk to people who know exactly how i feel.

Hi, my name is Megan and I was diagnosed with Endometiosis in 2005. I was then diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis in early 2006. My life has changed dramatically and it is extremely hard to find somebody who understands.

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis for two years. It began with me just having pain once a month which is “normal” for endometriosis sufferers. Last November the pain came and never went away. I have severe pain in my uterus every day. After 5 months of Lupron I am not seeing results. I hope that maybe someone out there experienced the same and have some advice. I am just now working with a doctor and a pain management center to start from the drawing board again since nothing seems to have worked thus far.

I just had a Dr’s visit and they think I might have endometriosis

I was diagnosed with endo 2 1/2 years ago and have had 5 surgeries since then. Plus 2 HSG and a 6 month round of Lupron. Nothing seems to work for me because my endo grows back so quickly!

I received the news that I have endometiosis while I was pregnant with with my second child. I had surgery when I was 5 months pregnant in order to remove the mass that was taking up space where the baby had to grow or I was going to lose her. It took over a year for me to get pregnant because of the endometriosis.

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 2004. I underwent a laparoscopy. Following the surgery I did not notice much relief from the pain. I was then put on the Lupron injections (those are hell). Following that I have been on multiple types of birth control pills. The one that I found the best was the last one I was on. It’s called Yaz. I didn’t have any break through pain and my cramps were bearable. Not to mention my periods were only a couple days long. I recently went off the pills in order to try and get pregnant. Unofortunately the pain has returned. Does anyone have any suggestions how to deal with the pain while trying to get pregnant???

One more thing, if you are trying to decide if you want the surgery or not I would suggest getting it. I have been told by multiple sources that doing the surgery, taking Lupron, and also managing the condition with Birth Control Pills will result in less scar tissue formation. This would increase your chances of have less fertility problems and less pain.

i have endometriosis, but still have abdominal pain and doctors dont kow why

I am 29 years old and was diagnosed with endo 3 years ago. I have had 4 surgeries to keep up with the scarring. I have little to no relief from the pain most days. I would like to know natural ways to heal the pain. I would like to know how others with endo cope with their pain. Also, I would like to know how to relate my issue to others so that they understand my disease.

I’m interested in endometriosis because I deal with it daily!

I am 23 and I was diagnosed with stage one endometriosis three years ago. I research and study endo as much as I can and I wrote my undergraduate thesis on how women are surviving with this disease. I comoderate a support group and am part of many support forums online. Learning more about this disease, finding ways to raise awareness and creating support networks is what I want to do with my life… which is why I came here :slight_smile:

I was diagnosed with endo in 1998, but I believe I have had since about 83 when I first started my period. Doctors blamed the pain on me being young and “things just getting regulated”. There is no way a human can suffer the way I did and it be normal. Since then I have tried many types of pain killers (which I really didn’t want to take) and since 2005 have been on continuous bcp’s. This has been the most beneficial to me, along with yoga and strict attention to diet. I have had 4 laparoscopies over the years, and am not up for number 5 actually doctor said it’s not possible.

I would like to meet people just to talk, listen and share experiences. The best thing about these types of groups is that you realize you are not alone. This is a disease that I have learned not only takes a physical toll but an emotional one as well…better to face it as a group!