Esophageal Cancer Member Introductions

My Dad is 79 years old and today he was diagnosed with a large tumor on his esophagus. He is going thru more tests to see if it is cancerous. I am scared for him and my Mom. I want to find out more about the condition and treatments.

My father-in-law has been recently diagnosed and is about to have surgery on the 20th of this month (June). I am very worried about him and am trying to learn all I can to help him in his fight for life.

I have it and am waiting for my surgury…

my mom is just starting the tests for this large tumor on her esophagus at the junction of her stomach. We are very nervous and scared of what may happen. The doctor recommended surgery to remove it and talked about esophagectomy. I would appreciate any info or comments about this. I don’t know how to help her.

I am interested in this condition because my grandfather past away on March 4th(8 days after his 69th birthday) of Stage 4 Esophgeal Cancer. My family knew nothing about this type of cancer until he was dignosed in April 2006. I would love to meet anyone who has delt with or is going through this Esophageal Cancer.

my name is nancy,my husband jim was dx in 2005 with esophageal cancer,he has gone through radiation and chemo as of know all test come back negative. I’m a nurse by profession so i know the odds, i guess i just need a place to talk honsetly about my fears.

My husband has Esophageal cancer stage IV

My husband, Dean was diagnosed with EC in Sept of 04. His had wrapped around his larynx, so when they did the colon interposition in Oct of 04, they also had to do a laryngectomy. At the present time, he has had two reoccurences, 2 sessions of chemo, and one session of radiation (to his back, had spread to spine). He is headed for another CT scan of his neck tomorrow. Am interested in talking with people who have/had EC.

My father has it.

Hello,

My name is Michelle and I was just diagnosed with Barretts Esophogus. I am looking for new treatments on this. I see much written for men but not much for women on this topic. I am 40 years of age and want to be able to be around for quite some time! Other than surgery, are there any options, meds??? Anything? Thanks.

This is not for myself. My husband has trouble swallowing and geting choked when eating. He coughs up a large amount of flym. We do not know what the problem is but would like to hear from someone who has these symptoms, and what can be done for it.

I would like to find survivors of Esophageal Cancer in the Redding CA area for my 84 year old survivor father. He is 5 weeks after surgery and would like to share stories with like patients. Please respond if you would like to talk with him.

THank You!

My husband was recently diagnosed with state IV esophageal cancer in lymph nodes and spread to lungs…

My dad has esophageal cancer and isn’t eating. Food taste nasty to him and my mom is trying to find something to fix him that don’t make him want to throw up or gag. I am looking for some food ideas. He can’t stand milk, flour, meat, gravies, vegetables, etc. He is in his 6th week of radiation therapy.

my husband was told he had esophagus cancer which is stage 4 which has spread to the liver and lung and to the brain. He has already done radiation and starting chemo on july 2. I was wondering if anybody knows what side affect he will be having and what I need to look for.

Hi,
My husband was diagnoised with esophageal cancer in January. he had surgery in March and just started chemo therapy two weeks ago. I want to talk with suvivors and with caretakers to hear how they handled all the weeks of chemo. I want to know how to help him better.
Patty

My husband has stage 4 esopeheal cancer. He has had chemo for 18 mos. and has been told that it is not working any longer and took him off. He is treated by hospice nurses now; is getting very weak and tired. Eats just a little at each meal; takes morphine for pain; stomach and feet are swollen. Can walk about 20 steps before having to sit down. Don’t know what is next. We know death is immenent, but don’t know what other symptoms to look for and how long he has to suffer. He was dx 22 mos. ago.

Hello…
My name is Tracy. My sister, Donna, recently lost her husband, Jim to an extremely couragous battle with esophageal cancer.
I, too, suffer from acid reflux. Recently, I have not had access to my medications and have been vomiting many times a day, accompanied with terrible heartburn. I get to the point that all I vomit is stomach acid. It burns my throat and has gotten to the point which I feel the wear of my tooth enamel. I wonder what effect it is having on my esophagus.
Any help would be appreciated.

i am joining the community because my father has been diagnosed with stage 2 esophageal cancer. Does anyone know anything about this stage? Treatment? Prognosis?

reside in Williamsburg, Va.
Diag. 3-07-06
Surgery-Ivor Davis 6-27-06
Mets to liver 6-20-07