Exercise - good or bad?

HEY FOLKS…

I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD DEVIATE FROM OUR USUAL POSTS AND SHARE SOMETHING HUMOROUS INSTEAD. I WAS THINKING, MAYBE YOU CAN ADD YOUR OWN THOUGHT TO THE LIST. OK…HERE GOES…

The Importance of Walking

Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60.
She’s now 97 years old and we don’t know where the hell she is.

The only reason I would take up exercising is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I joined a health club last year, spent about $400 bucks.
Haven’t lost a pound. Apparently, you have to go there

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately, my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

AND NOW MY THEORY ON EXERCISING IS…

When the Answer on Jeopardy is “EXERCISING”

The Question is…“What is something other people do?”

WELL…HOPE YOU ALL HAD A QUICK GIGGLE…AFTER ALL, LAUGHTER IS A GREAT Rx FOR ANYONE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY FOLKS

Hi Kathy and to All

I though it was cute and I did get a giggle from it.

I exercise my right hand every day after i get off this computer, index finger up index finger down just so it wont cramp or hurt…lol

How have you been ? I have been ok ,lots of leg pain lately.
My shoes are not doing the job any more. Think of what I have to do
next to regain some comfort again. But thats a work in progress.

My daugher and I have been thinking of putting up our Christmas
decorations. We know it early but we love it and will get to enjoy it longer.

Take care and keep that SMILE going!

that is all weel and great someone of can’t do that any more so we work on other things to do , I hope U in 10 yr’s can still walk the long walks U do now!!!

MY GOD BLESS YOU TODAY WITH LOVE AND HAPPINESS

----- Original Message ----
To: ccamp77700@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 10:19:09 AM
Subject: [post-polio] EXERCISE - GOOD OR BAD???

Cliff

I posted this as an amusing joke, not to be taken seriously.  Just like anyone else with post polio, I live with the risk of losing any muscle in my body at any given time.  I just felt that since we aren't supposed to be overdoing our exercising, it was just an amusing, innocent way to talk about NOT exercising. 

In retrospect, I suppose the fact that I always did hate exercising, jogging, working out, etc that it ended up being to my advantage.  I suppose it did spare my muscles over the years, however, I probably made up for it when I danced.  I hear music and I just have to get up and dance.  Years ago I would get on the dancefloor in some club and only come off when the band took a break.  I know "now" that I shouldn't have pushed myself that far...but I just can't help myself.  I hear music and I gotta get up and dance.

That being said.....I wish everyone the best.  We are all in the same boat and understand each other.  All I wanted to do is give you a little giggle.  I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

Thank you for listening....and God bless

Kathy

-----Original Message-----
To: laurerypst@aol.com
Sent: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:57 pm
Subject: Re: [post-polio] EXERCISE - GOOD OR BAD???

Sent: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:04 pm

ok got it now

" Life is short
Break the rules,
Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly,
Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything
that made you smile. "

MY GOD BLESS YOU TODAY WITH LOVE AND HAPPINESS

----- Original Message ----
To: ccamp77700@yahoo.com
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 10:19:09 AM

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE COMMENTS....AND CLIFF...YES...YOU DID GET IT AND I AM GLAD FOR WHAT YOU SAID....CAUSE...YA KNOW WHAT CLIFF???  IF NOT FOR THE BRAINS OF A FEW WONDERFUL PEOPLE, AND IF NOT FOR THE CARING OF ALL OF US WHO HAVE HAD POLIO, WELL....WE'D ALL BE OUT IN S**TS CREEK.  I THANK GOD FOR THE PEOPLE WHO FIGURED OUT POST POLIO BECAUSE, 1. IT'S HELPED THOSE OF US WHO THEY FOUND OUT TOO LATE FOR, BUT AT LEAST WE KNOW WHAT AND WHY.

2.  IT HELPS THOSE OF US WHO WERE ONCE , IF YOU WILL, "DOOMED" WITHOUT KNOWING A CLUE.

3.  IT HELPS US WHO ARE GOING THROUGH THE LATER STAGES OF POLIO, OR THE PPS AS THEY CALL IT...AT LEAST WE KNOW WHAT WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO TO HELP.

ANDDDDDDDDD

LET US ALWAYS REMEMBER ONE THING...MOST OF US ARE AT THE AGE THAT WE WERE PART OF THAT HIPPIE REVOLUTION.  MAYBE NOT TOTAL HIPPIES BUT WE BELIEVED IN THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION.  WE DIDNT BELIEVE ANY LONGER IN SWEEPING THE TRUTH ABOUT THINGS UNDER THE CARPET.  WELL...THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT POLIO IS OUT THERE.  YET ANOTHER REASON TO TRY AND STOP IT FROM EVER HAPPENING.  WE ARE THE WORD OF THE FUTURE.  WE ARE THE PROOF OF THE FUTURE OF POLIO.  FOR WHAT WE ARE GOING THRU...ALL COUNTRIES SHOULD LOOK AT WHAT WILL BECOME OF THEIR PEOPLE IF THEY LET POLIO CONTINUE.  OBVIOUSLY TO BE VACINATED EVERYWHERE MATTERS.

IM NOT PROFESSING THAT WE CAMPAIGN TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....BUT HEY...IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO, THEN DO IT.

THIS SITE IS FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE IT....WILL HAVE IT...NOT EVEN SURE WHAT "IT" IS...AND ON AND ON.  ALL I CAN SAY IS...PEOPLE WITH ALL KINDS OF ILLNESSES "GET BY"..."GO ON"..."ENDURE"..."PERSIVERE"  AND IF LAUGHTER CAN'T BE IN YOUR DAY, THEN I SAY...YOU'RE IN A STAGE THAT YOU WILL EVENTUALLY MOVE ON FROM.  FEELING CRAPPY AND MISERABLE AND SAD IS NORMAL.  I WILL NEVER SAY THAT ANYONE ISNT ENTITLED TO THAT FEELING...BUT HEY...NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOUR LIFE IS, WHAT ILLNESS OR TRAGEDY YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE, WE DO HAVE TO GO ON. 

SO IF WE CAN GO ON SMILIN....WHY NOT.  AND AS I HEARD RECENTLY ON THE JOHN EDWARD SHOW...ITS ABOUT BLESSINGS, NOT LOSSES.

OK.....IVE SAID TOO MUCH AS USUAL....BYE FOR NOW

KATHY

JUST A THOUGHT FOR SOME…I GOT ONE OF THESE MICROWAVE HEATING PADS…SUPPOSED TO SUPPLY WET HEAT (WET HEAT IS THE KEY)…AND AT TIMES I JUST HEAT IT UP WHEN IM GETTING READY FOR BED AND LET IT LAY ON THE PART OF ME THAT ACHES…AND YA KNOW…IT SEEMS TO HELP…OR AT LEAST BY MORNING I FEEL A BIT BETTER. BUT I USED OTHER METHODS BEFORE I HAD A MICROWAVE, SO I GOT OTHER WAYS TO HANDLE WET HEAT APPLICATION.

IF ALL YOU HAVE IS A DRY HEATING PAD OR NONE AT ALL…JUST EMAIL ME…I WILL GIVE YOU ALTERNATIVES …OR AS I CALL THE CHEAP WAY TO GET WET HEAT. REMEMBER ALWAYS…WET HEAT RELAXES THE MUSCLES. NOT DRY…BUT WET. SO YOU NEED TO GET THE WET HEAT IN YOUR MUSCLES TO RELAX AND EASE THEM.

OK…GOING NOW…SEND ME A MESSAGE IF YOU WANT SOME OF MY ADVICE…LOL

KATHYP EMAIL IS.....KATHYP82@YAHOO.COM

Sent: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:19 am

Sent: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 6:39 pm

Thank You for the gentle reminder about the fact of life, THAT LIFE GOES ON. I know that. I’ve been in that place of being miserable.Resentful of having PPS and angry and feeling I’ve been cheated out of life.But then I see where others are in worse shape than me, in wheelchairs, but they still sound upbeat and cheerful. I’ve been reading todays entries to my husband, and I said, You know what? I need to change my attitude.I’m NOT going to get better. It is getting progressively worse. But I am still able to get around on my own power without too much pain. I should count my blessings and not my losses.I guess being in denial isn’t going to work :slight_smile: And being angry at the world only makes my own little world (like my family and friends) miserable. They do what they can and they try to understand, but I think no matter how good their intentions are, they just can’t grasp the seriousness of this PPS stuff.Even I have a hard time with accepting it. There I go again.That’s the
part I need to change. I want to be upbeat. I try to offer information to others on line when I see they are looking for feedback. I am so glad I found CarePlace. It’s the boot-in-the-butt that I need every once in a while. Bye for now. Friends, Kori G

KATHYP82 post-polio-cpt6704@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Hi Everyone- I have a rebounder (mini-trampoline) that I use as a stepper. By that I mean when my thigh muscle does that deep muscle cramping thing and hurts like heck- I step on the rebounder and it allows me to ‘stretch out’ the cramped leg.I figure it works because it gives further than the floor gives. My legs are not the same length and I wear a brace and have to use a walker to get around. It seems to work for me. I can’t really bounce like I’d really love to, where my feet actually leave the thing and I’m in the air. I just do a gentle bounce in place and it helps work out the tightness. Glad I’m receiving e-mails from CarePlace again. I missed hearing from everyone. Friends, Kori G

purrduck post-polio-cpt6704@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Hi Kathy, I HEAR you with my heart. I need to smile more often myself. Friends, Kori G

I loved this and it made me smile and it’s too bad some took offense.But don’t stop 'em from coming, eh? :slight_smile: Friends, Kori G

Sent: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 9:17 pm

Hi- I added your e-mail to my address book and have ya listed as ‘Chatty Kathy’ lol :slight_smile: I have discovered something I try to tell everyone about. I discovered a great new alternative treatment called Homeopatic medicine. It’s all natural only $7 a bottle and IT WORKS !! It’s called Hyland’s, www.hylands.com phone- 800-234-8879 I take the Rhus Tox for arthritis pain and I take Arnica Montana for the deep muscle pain. I swear it is the best thing!! It helps me immensely and quickly also cuz it dissolves under the tongue. I wish I’d known of this stuff before. I tell everyone so I hope it will help releive that awful muscle pain. Friends, Kori G

Sent: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 8:57 pm