Factor V Leiden Member Introductions

Family history of dvt’s and recently had family member tested positive for Leiden Factor 5 (if that is the way you phrase it???)

My husband has this and I am interested in learning as much as I can.

I have Factor V Leiden, along with some autoimmunites… I have two children that I love to brag about, lol! I do suffer from many different symptoms and just am looking for others as well for support and to help answer some questions I may have :slight_smile: Thanks.

Hi, my nickname is Sparky. I was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden in 2005. I’m interested in connecting with people who also have this defiency to see if they have found ways to manage this condition through diet, exercise and/or vitamins.

I have this condition…had three clots in lungs after surgery (guardian angel watched over me). I have also suffered one miscarriage.

I am a medical transcriber, and thought that this term was Factor V Leyden. Is this correct spelling for this medical term, or is Factor V Leiden correct, or both acceptable?

Thanks.

I just went through a terrible bout of Ischemic Colitis at an age much earlier than normal. My gastro doctor ordered different blood tests I guess to check my clotting and when my Protein C came back as low resistance, he ordered another test, Factor V Leiden. I am Factor V Leiden Heterozeygous and am interested in an online support group.

I also would like to know if FVL has anything to do with multiple myeloma?? That would be a really important answer for me. I am seeing a Hematologist in July, so I guess I will get some answers!
Thank you,
Bindi

a year ago this past March, I had a stroke in my eye and suffered Bran retinal arterial occlusion and lost half the vision in my right eye. Several years ago two weeks after a hysterectomy I had pulmonary embolism. My doctor this time sent my blood to Mayo clinic and it shows I have Factor V Leiden and Protein C deficiency. I’d like to have someone to talk to about this and share.

I was diagnosed with FVL when I was 18 after they found a massive DVT ranging from my lower theigh through my lower abdomen, which was hours away from taking my life. My dream is for one day to have mandatory testing for the clot before putting girls on birth control

I am new to this site and have had 2 PE’s over the last 6 years. I am FVL Hetero and taking 11mg Warfarin forever. My husband and I are ready to start planning a family so I am looking into this site to hear other peoples stories and advice. I’m 30 and we are planning on trying sometime in the spring of next year.

Hi - I just found out a week ago that I have Factor V Leiden - I found out after blood tests to determine why I keep having miscarriages (I’ve had three). I don’t know much about it - and my doctor didn’t tell me much, so I am looking for people who have lived with it and are knowledgable about it, especially how it relates to pregnancy. I also have MTHFR.

I was diagnosed with FVL 5 years ago after 2 miscarriages. I am looking for a place where I can ask questions and get advice about this disorder, especially since many doctors and nurses that I have talked to are unaware of FVL. I am sick of having to explain it to the triage nurse at the hospital before being tested for a blood clot. I have been able to get my family tested, including my daughter, and it turns out that only myself and my mother have FVL.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.