Factor V Leiden Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Factor V Leiden. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Life is about health, family and friends, but sometimes its hard to keep focus on what is most important

Founder of the TransGlobal Health Community Center at http://transglobalhealth.com

I live in the northeast and suffer from seasonal depression. I basically hibernate from november until april. Besides moving, I’d really like to talk to people about how they’ve conquered their depression. I’m a really cynical person and depression has got me beat :confused:

I was diagnosed approx. 5 or 6 years ago with FVL and Lupus Anticoagulant. I have 3 children, who somehow, do not have either. Thank Goodness! I also have a brain tumor and had Gamma knife surgery in Dec for that. I have Arthritis and may have Lupus but we are not sure yet.

I was diagnosed approx. 5 or 6 years ago with FVL and Lupus Anticoagulant. I have 3 children, who somehow, do not have either. Thank Goodness! I also have a brain tumor and had Gamma knife surgery in Dec for that. I have Arthritis and may have Lupus but we are not sure yet.

Hi. I was also dx with FVL and PT20210 in spring 2004.

FVL and Protien S Deff.

seven years ago my sister was tested for factor v and proved positive, from there I was tested along with my two grown children. Myself and my daughter proved positive. This condition has not affected our health to date but has made us aware to be more careful following surgeries and child birth

My daughter has Factor V. Need to know as much as I can!

I was diagnosed with FVL when I was in the hospital over Thanksgiving with a blood clot and pulmonary emboli. I have just one copy, which I found out I got from my dad. My older sister got tested and found out she has it, too, but has no problems.

My daughter was diagnosed at 12 with Factor V, following a PE and DVT…She is now almost 16 and it has been a nightmare…

I have Factor V Leiden. I was diagnosed at 18 when I suffered a massive DVT. I also have Low protein S & C. This stupid disorder has caused us to loose 6 babies.

My sister was recently diagnosed with low protein S as well

I had a very serious blood clot in 1996. I was hospitalized for nearly a week with this. I found out I was born with two genes to do with getting this clot. I am grateful i have been fine since this, long as I keep taking my Coumadin and get my blood checked (ONE DAY AT A TIME) gretchen

hi my name is jane.I have factor V. I am always interested in information about this condition.I look forward to talking with others who share my concerns.

I am 31 years old and I was diagnosed with Factor V 5 years ago. Just looking to chat with others who may have the same issues as me.

About a week after giving birth in December 2005 I got a DVT in my leg. After doing some testing they discovered that I have FVL. I’m always look for more information and others who have the condition.

I have factor V lye/-den. I want to learn all I can. Other people like me and doctor in the Mass / RI line that know of factor V lye/-den

Well, hello! I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with FVL four years ago. I don’t really know what else to put, so I will change it as I go.