Falling Down - is this DD?

I fell out of bed yesterday. I tried to get out of bed like a normal person, and fell hard and landed on a rock that was next to our bed that we use for a door stopper.(Needless to say that got tossed outside!). My legs just wouldn’t work!

I got bruised up a little but no permanent damage. But I need to go see Rana ( my family nurse practitioner, FNP) She has been the most help to me since I was diagnosed with DD. She researches every bit of information she can for me. She herself has MS so she understands living with chronic pain all the time. I don’t know what I would do without her. I need to find out why my legs quit working? Is it DD or fibromyalgia or something else? I just need to know whats going on.

I do take a lot of meds. Tramadol, Lyrica, Ambien, Zanaflex. Zyrtec, Blood Pressure Meds, Lasix, and a xanax from time to time when I have a severe panic attack. My husband thinks my walking problems is too many meds. But I know one thing for sure, if I don’t take my meds I don’t sleep or move. What else am I supposed to do???

well meds might contribute some but I can tell you for sure the lack of coordination has to be DD…I can barely hold onto things and sometimes my hands and fingers dont do what I want them to do…I always have problems walking now and I watch where I step…least little bump can send me falling like a lead balloon…This started happening 10 years ago when I was at work my legs stopped working and I fell…completely embarassed but scared because I didnt know what happened…And now my legs work sometimes and sometimes they dont want to…I have more problems with balance then before.I gave up riding my horses because I could not keep my balance and the last time I rode I fell and dislocated my shoulder and broke my arm…so I can no longer do the one thing I have loved since I was a little girl…Also noticed yesterday my simple arm exercises are near to impossible to do now…so it can all be attributed to the effects of having DD…

Hi, I too have DD diagnosed Nov.05. My symptoms started early2000. DD has MS, Lupus and Fibromalagia symptoms. I just recently acquired a cane because my legs are getting very weak. My arms a worse though. I hate to tell you that but I figured having a cane beats falling on your face. I am 39 years old and I am on oxygen as well. That they can’t figure out yet. I have had every test on earth and been to "clinics’’ to figure out why I need oxygen and no one knows. My internist who diagnosed me doesn’t believe its DD related so don’t worry.

No one else with DD has been on oxygen that I know of and I have been on the careplace site for a couple years now. Good luck to ya and message me via my profile if ya want to chat.

take care,
Linda