Father diagonsed with stage iv pancreatic cancer

Hi,
I am new, yesterday we found out my father has stage iv pancreatic cancer. Needless, to say my family is totally devasted. He is 71 years old, and really healthy up until now, took vitamins, worked out and looked years younger than his age.
Two months ago he started having extreme upper stomach pain, he went to see the doctor several times during those two months, than they finally performed a ct scan on his stomach and they saw a mass on his pancreas. His doctor was going to give him a total pancreatomy yesterday, but they found the cancer spread to his stomach and it is on the lining. They told my mother he would be going on chemo, and did not tell her much more. Than a physicians asstistant came into the room and informed mom and my sister, that he maybe has six mos. to a year to live. So here we are, I was wondering does anyone know of treatments that have prolonged the lives or cured this type of cancer, I believe the cancer is localized but I will learn more today. Thanks for your responses.
Keona

Hi Keona,

I would suggest checking out Dr Benjamin Chue at the Seattle Cancer
Treatment and Wellness Center in Seattle, Washington. They use integrated
therapy which includes standard allopathic treatments which are
progressive
and aggressive…along with alternative/complimentary treatment methods
such
as neutriceuticals, herbs, chinese herbs, accupuncture, nutritional
guidance and
counseling. Dr Chue is a highly regarded medical oncologist and one
of his
specialties is in pancreatic cancer.

This clinic is also associated with the Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

http://www.cancercenter.com/seattle-clinic/physicians/ben-chue.cfm

Kyle Elwood

==============

keona411 wrote:

I will also add that a Naturopathic Physician at the same clinic,
Dr Heidi Lucas, would be one to seek out, as well.

Kyle

batlan wrote: