Feeling Down

I have been diagnosed with bilateral renal FMD since July of 2004. I have had 3 angioplasties the last one Sept. 2006. My blood pressure lately has started to climb high and the prn meds are not working well. I know this means I will most likely need another angioplasty but I am wanting to avoid it. I just wish this all would go away and that they could just put in a stent and that would take care of the problem. I quess I am feeling a little blue today and wanting to live life without having to have angioplasties every year to 2 years. I know I have it better then some but work is stressful and it is hard to take the time off work to have it done.
pinkroom76

Hi Pink Room,

You are allowed to feel blue, this is a unpredictable and frustrating disease. I have not had an angioplasty yet, and I know YET is the key word. I have been diagnosed less than a year. Are you on Cozar? Have you been to the study at NIH? I know someone here will have some wise advice about multiple angioplasties. Just know we are here for you. Are you a member of FMDSA?
Sorry about all the questions, but as many of you know FMDSA is working on a patient registry. I really believe the registry is going to help get us the information we need to get proper care for this disease. I am thinking of you, please watch your blood pressure closely and if another angioplasty is needed, we are here for you. What do you do for a living, a stressful work place is not fun!
Kari

Thanks for responding. I do not take Cozar but I am on 5 Blood Pressure meds. I am now in the time where they add more pills to lower the blood pressure until it gets to the point where they say let’s do an angioplasty. I struggle with angioplasties because my back spasms during the time I have to lie flat. I am just a little blue today because wanted a little more time between procedures . I know others who are going through more so I feel guilty for being blue. Part of this is because I have so much to do at work that I afraid of taking time off at work.
I do belong to FMDSA I think it is great what they do for FMD it has given me so much information. I sent for the NIH study but need to fill out the paperwork.
Thanks once again for writing it brightens my day knowing that people who understand FMD would reach out to me.
Pinkroom76

Hi, I don’t know where you are having your angio’s done, but perhaps if you
ask they will put both an air mattress on the table and something under your
knees so that you do not have to lie flat. I have had many many
angioplasties and in the last few years I have taken advantage of the wedge
under my knees. I only use the air mattress when there is a problem with
the sciatic nerve. The wedge under the knees really helps. From my
experience the stenting does not help as the stent tends to scar rapidly.

----- Original Message -----
To: anne@ridetour.com
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 2:39 PM
Subject: [fmd] Feeling Down.

Hi Pinkroom…

I just wanted to say I understand and can empathize with you on the feeling down part…you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Robin