First trial of scent blocking clothing

I bought a pair of x-scent clothes from the sierra trading post on clearance and they work great! I just got back from a four day visit with friends and family and I did not stink. (externally at least)

I kept them on the entire time (NEVER took them off in four days, did not want to risk it :slight_smile: with no deodorant (forgot it at home) and no change of clothes. (I was not expecting to stay so long)

When I took them off after getting home the stink hit me like a bomb! I was smelling like a skunk under the x-scent thermals but the smell did not escape.

Your mileage may vary but I consider it my most successful test so far. I have also been on 1000mg chlorophyll for one month. But I have not noticed a big difference in the actual odor.

Problems:
Arms are too short on the pullover, I mean REALLY short. I have shorter arms then most people and they were two inches too short for me. (Wore them underneath a dress shirt so no one would notice)

The long underwear had painful Lycra ribbing along the waist. I may need to sew a liner into the ribbing to make it more comfortable. Plus the long underwear was cut in a very odd way high in the front and low in the back. I wore them under some pants. (go up a size on the pants to get a comfortable fit)

I can see why these were on clearance :slight_smile:

And they are fairly expensive even on clearance. However the smell blocking stuff is supposed to be woven into the fabric so you can just buy one set and wash them frequently, and it is not supposed to wash out.

I would like to hear if anyone else has tried them, it would be nice to know if this was really working or if it was just my imagination. I will try them out again soon and report back.

Fair winds and following seas,
Matt

thank you for this valuable information. Stinky

Hello CaptinKid,

I would like to try these odor blockin clothes.
Can U provide the link for myself and the other members??

Funky Brewster

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Here is a link to the Google search and two for the two that I tried out. Just find anything by the company “Arcticshield” and made with “x-scent”.

Has the full selection of clothing:
http://shop.eaglearchery.com/browse.cfm/2,480.html

Google products search for “x-scent” some of which may be cheaper:
http://tinyurl.com/3xy3nd

Sierra trading post. On clearance because of poor fit but half price for these two items compared to eaglearchery.com:
Men’s bottoms
http://tinyurl.com/2la58t

Men’s fleece pullover
http://tinyurl.com/34x2cm

Hi,
Have just read your message and ordered a top and pants.
Read all the bumph about these products and stories they sound too good to be true!
Will try anything once desperate for it to work!
Thanks for the info…

whats the link or store where these can be purchased?

captinkid Trimethylaminuria-cpt7622@lists.careplace.com wrote:

I bought a pair of x-scent clothes from the sierra trading post on clearance and they work great! I just got back from a four day visit with friends and family and I did not stink. (externally at least)

I kept them on the entire time (NEVER took them off in four days, did not want to risk it :slight_smile: with no deodorant (forgot it at home) and no change of clothes. (I was not expecting to stay so long)

When I took them off after getting home the stink hit me like a bomb! I was smelling like a skunk under the x-scent thermals but the smell did not escape.

Your mileage may vary but I consider it my most successful test so far. I have also been on 1000mg chlorophyll for one month. But I have not noticed a big difference in the actual odor.

Problems:
Arms are too short on the pullover, I mean REALLY short. I have shorter arms then most people and they were two inches too short for me. (Wore them underneath a dress shirt so no one would notice)

The long underwear had painful Lycra ribbing along the waist. I may need to sew a liner into the ribbing to make it more comfortable. Plus the long underwear was cut in a very odd way high in the front and low in the back. I wore them under some pants. (go up a size on the pants to get a comfortable fit)

I can see why these were on clearance :slight_smile:

And they are fairly expensive even on clearance. However the smell blocking stuff is supposed to be woven into the fabric so you can just buy one set and wash them frequently, and it is not supposed to wash out.

I would like to hear if anyone else has tried them, it would be nice to know if this was really working or if it was just my imagination. I will try them out again soon and report back.

Fair winds and following seas,
Matt

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Hi,

Can this be bought in England?

Had to relate my interview for a job saga last Tuesday!! jI was called up to attend an interview for a job I know I could do and had been doing for 16 years till I was made “redundant”. I was told the interview would be take 4 hours(!). What I didn’t know until after the interview was that the head of the organisation had got in contact with someone from my old organisation and I reckon they were told to stretch out the interview time, open the windows and use some key words such as 'Bath - as in someone’s last name; 'shirk - which I didn’t do; and to mention a particular individual which I didn’t get on with which was true.

In the end I thought I’m too old for this game and withdrew from the interview, and therefore from the job. I always knew I would come up against this when looking for another job. It was my own fault for thinking I could enter the same job sphere without anyone knowing about my odour but of course I couldn’t as these people know each other as they go the rounds at meetings/campaigns.

I’m not sure what to do now as my self-esteem has gone way down, the odour has gone way UP and I can’t see any future.

Hope you guys are hanging on out there!!

Aggie7

From: TmauSucks Trimethylaminuria-cpt7622@lists.careplace.com
Date: 2008/03/03 Mon PM 02:16:14 GMT
To: l.nolan777@ntlworld.com
Subject: Re: [trimethylaminuria] First trial of scent blocking clothing.

Aggie7 where in England are you from? How long have you had the problem

-----Original Message-----
From: “Aggie7” Trimethylaminuria-cpt7622@lists.careplace.com
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 3:47 PM
To: "olu23@hotmail.com" olu23@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [trimethylaminuria] First trial of scent blocking clothing.

people can be so heartless and stupid, just keep trying we all have bills to pay I use refernces from people that i know that have there own business
once i get in the door your stuck with me.> To: vickietaylor@hotmail.com> From: Trimethylaminuria-cpt7622@lists.careplace.com> Subject: Re: [trimethylaminuria] First trial of scent blocking clothing.> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:47:46 -0500> >

Hi Bigv,

You have a good sense of humor. Keep it up you made my day.

Take care,
Brown Sugar

bigv Trimethylaminuria-cpt7622@lists.careplace.com wrote: