Fried Onions Syndrome

Had my monthly Dr. appt where he offocially confirmed my zero viral load for the third month ! That’s a great marker for treatment sucess probabiilities. Now comes the next two challenges…having to complete FULL tx till August 09 ( perhaps it’ll end on my birthday, wouldn’t that be cool! ) . but the other challenge is the brain fog , or as I lovingly call it Fried Onions for Brains. lol There are times when it’s really bad . And when I spoke to dr. about it , seems its a form of dementia due to long term meds for HIV ( 15 years worth ) and now the Hep C tx for the second time. And all the while I thought I was just your normal run of the mill nut case !!! Soooooo now to take another pill so that I’m not found wandering aimlessly asking strangers which way to Pluto… And just think …only another 9 months to gooooo…yippie !! But in time, this too shall pass , or so the story goes…

Wow I re-found these postings that I wrote . It seems like sooooo many moons ago that I was not only on treatment but its going on 3 years that I finished it. When I read all that you repied I got such a warm fuzzy in my heart. I just want to express once again my gratitude , even if this is never read again , but my thankfullness is still the same for each and everyone that understood the road filled with many pot holes .Life still has it bumps but hey thats how life is . Don’t fight it, learn rom it. God bless to you all and may you be strong and well .

RL
congrats!! that’s fantastic news, you’re doing great!!
about that “fired onion” feeling. i’m 10 weeks post tx and in order of severity the fog, fatigue, depression and some pain remain but i’m feeling much better everyday and you will too.
hang inn there!

peace

KM

Thanks sooo much Km . Oh I will definitly hang in there one way or the other. If nothing else I am a fighter. I may take a few punches here and there but I always bounce back . I figure the fight is what makes me stronger to kick another days butt.
I spent a good part of the morning looking for something that I put away. I’m learning to just walk away when the fustration hits then go back to looking . I eventually get to where I’m going, just don’t remember what i was going for. lol
But seriously, I am very thankful for sooo many things. For the medication that is needed , a support system that is dear to me. My hubby and my home with heat and and my blankie to curl up with .Even my critters that drive me crazy . But most of all for my God, Who’s grace never ends… And all you guys at Cp that are always there with open arms full of love

RL:

yeah, i have many mornings that seem to be missing the last couple months. it’s strange how the day passes with nothing really getting done other then just getting thru it.

i’ve always been a bit of a scatter brain but that’s from trying to do too many things at once. now it’s just a big DUH, what was i doing? sort of thing.

agreed, friends, family, loved ones and the frisky pets are a comfort and make it all worthwhile.

have a great afternoon.

peace
KM

so glad to hear how well you all are doing! when I was going thru tx I wrote a lot of post it notes and than before you know it I had a pile that confused me when looking just for one! Lol!! maybe a note pad with tabs so you can label topics would make an easier search. congrats on bieng non-detectable. I only lasted 9wks on tx, now 4 yrs later I am still waiting for one I can tolerate!! remaining hopeful. The HepC symptoms are hard enough to deal with on it’s own without tx. I am rootin for you all!

Thanks to you all for your encouragement. I can’t let the fustrations of my feeling frazzled play me out of position. If this is what must be then I will just accept it as I’ve been doing and do the best that I can . I think it fustrates hubby more than it does me cause he feels like he has to trail behind me to pick up the lost pieces. But thats because he likes to have everything in order and I’m to the point where i can’t sweat the small stuff. So you may hear alot of deep sighs thoughout the day. But thats something he needs to get over , I got my own stuff to deal with . And I think I’m doing pretty well with it all . I get my house stuff done, dinner done ( without burning it often lol ) , work occassionally when it comes my way .my critters are taken care of and I help with the yard. and the more I look at it all I think " I’m kicking alot of butt !" And if hubby ain’t careful I just might kick his ! lol

keep kickin’ butt!!!

Riverlassie you rock!!! I’m doing double back flips for you!!!

about that fog head.

before tx i could do math in my head, figure out cubic feet of a space, the weight of water to fill that space, how long to fill up the space at a given rate of flow and similar calculations. during tx, forget about it.

so now, 2 1/2 months post tx, i give myself little problems to work out in my head to see if i’m getting back my minky little mind. yesterday i tried working out the cost for fuel per mile in my jeep as i drove to the beach. before this would have taken me about 15 seconds or less, now, forget about it. no really, i forget the values and equations as i go thru them. i eventually figured it out but it took several mins and when i checked the math and i was wrong.

i can surf though, for short spells before the fatigue sets in. so i haven’t lost my basic motor skills and have the desire and motivation to get out and do it.

one step at a time.

peace

KM

Oh I know so well the brain fog…
I think you are still in touch with the best parts of you anyway…
hang in there…
river

ThaNKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR POSITIVE UPLIFTING ENCOURAGEMENT .

YOU ARE LOVED GF!