Gabapentin

Has anyone used this for pain? It has been given for fibromyalgia patients. Also hot sweats. Ones have said it works great. Just wondering. Its called Apo-Gabapentin

I currently use this. It is the generic form of neurontin. If you look at my previous posts you will see other comments on it. I hope this helps.

Yes I have used Gabapentin for about a year. I can take up to 6 (down from 8) a day. I was taking the 8 when I had the gout attack as well as other pain pills. I think the Gabapentin helps. It makes you sleepy like Lyrica. I think they are similar but the Gabapentin is cheaper.

Maybe I need to up mine from 3 to more…Today was really bad for me.I had severe pain in my left arm …it was so cold and felt like it was made of lead…Can the lumps do that to us??

I’m sorry that you had such a bad day. The weather changing all the time does not help us. I hope that you get better. I use a pain roll on that helps a little when I go to bed. It has glucosamine and capasin or something like that. I like the roll on as then you do not have to get up and wash your hands. I think that you need a break. You sound so overwhelmed. Take some time to do something for yourself…soak in the tub…read a good book…eat your favorite food. We have to try not to worry about everyone and everything all the time. It is exhausting and really does not help. I was born with the worry gene. DD is devastating but combined with diabetes it is deadly. I wish I had a body like those kids in the Olympics. It is great to see people enjoying such good health. I be no one on the Olympic team has DD!!!

I am now up to 2400 mgs. and I go back to the acupuncturist in an hour. We will see what happens today. She is supposed to be working on my arm today. The pain is excruciating. I have several lipomas in my elbow. I have at least 20 more on that arm. She is supposed to be working on it. She thinks that it is that my spleen isn’t removing the fats, water, and phlem from my body. We will see. Hoping for the best. Will update later.

“severe pain in my left arm …it was so cold and felt like it was made of
lead…Can the lumps do that to us??”

Oh yes, Elaine! My arms do the same thing all the time!
Spoons,
Pamela