Getting into a groove

I’m in college right now, and have missed a few weeks of class due to my depression and inability to get out of bed. Luckily, I have a friend that weaseled this information out of me and literally held my hand and took me to all my teachers. Now I am trying to catch up and it’s all quite overwhelming. Any suggestions as how to make it better?

If you can get back into your routine of what you need to do each day and break it down into smaller little task, this might help the overwhelming possibility of not finishing it. If you keep communication with your teacher and your friend who is standing by you at this time, you can still succeed. take time for you and it will get better.

I"m in the same boat as you. I’m just coming out of the fog of a deep depression and as a result I have fallen behind on my studies. Thankfully I was mindfull enough to keep in contact with my professors, as best as anyone can expect from someone who was suicidal. But I did it and it has paid off. I now have extensions for all three of my courses which has relieved a lot of the pressure I was under.

In addition to keeping in contact with your professors let your advisor know what you are going through he/she will be looking out for your best interest. Also get that certificate from your doctor just in case you need documentation.

Take care of yourself first then worry about school. Take it from a full time student who’s over forty, college will always be there but if you don’t take care of yourself first you won’t have options available to you.

Be kind to yourself!