Got some help

I KNOW MOST OF YOU DON’T LIKE ME ON THE FORUM BUT I DID TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND GOT MY HUSBAND SOME HELP THE DOCTOR SAYS IS CLINICALLY DEPRESSED WHAT EVER THAT MEANS BUT I AM TRYING. I DIDN’T THROW HIM OUT YET BUT PUT HIM IN A SEPERATE ROOM FOR NOW AWAY FROM ME AND MY CHILDREN. HIS DOCTOR GAVE HIM SOME MEDICATION SO I GO IN THERE AND MAKE SURE HE TAKES IT. HE HAS BEEN TAKING IT FOR TWO DAYS NOW AND I DON’T SEE ANY DIFFERENCE ITS AS I SAID LIVING WITH THE DEAD WHAT MORE CAN A WOMAN DO. I GAVE HIM A TV AND A BOOK AND SOME WATER I DO TRY BUT I GET NO RESPONSE FROM HIM OTHER THAN CRYING I CAN’T TAKE THAT. BUT JUST WANTED EVERYONE ON HERE TO KNOW I GOT HIM SOME HELP OR AT LEAST TRIED.
MARISA

you said he’s “clinically depressed, whatever that means.” If you really want to understand what is going on, visit a website called www.DBSAlliance.org. They have a lot of good information for the person going through it, and for family and friends. “Clinically Depression” may also be called “Major Depressive Disorder” or “Unipolar Depression” or Chronic Depression, or just simply Depression. It’s mostly all the same thing.

If you can, try not to isolate him. That won’t help him at all. What he has isn’t catching, and people with depression don’t have the energy to harm anyone. What you see on tv about people with depression is totally unrealistic – they don’t become violent and turn into mass murderers. Seeing his children would probably make him happy, even if he can’t show it.

This isn’t easy for anyone. Good luck.

it take time for the drug to take effect. a couple of day is not enough. the doctor has to ajust the medication. you will see results just hang on. i agree with the others, please read up on depression it will give you a understanding about what your husband is going thru.

Marissa,

It does take time for the medication to work - and then the dosage may need to be adjusted. I know it took a few weeks for my medication to help me. Depression does affect everyone in the household and I understand that it is hard on you but you can not isolate him. Please bring him back into the house with you and the kids. Try to understand that this is not him - he just needs help right now. Try to be supportive. If he starts crying then tell him that you love him but you need to go in the other room. Its hard and you may have been going through this for a long time but dont give up on him.

Also I think that it would be helpful if you also talked to the dr about how angry you are but you need to be honest too. Is the person you are reflecting on to other people the person you really are??? IS this the person you want other people see and think you are?

you are tring but the other thing you need to do is educate your self on what is going on with him. That is why I started out in this group to help my son and learn. Also not just the med. but going to a consouler with him will help you to learn more. Some times it is just not him that need the help it is the whole family. We just started about a year ago that each one of us in are family is getting help. It was a hard thing to do. But we found out that we can not do it alone any more. My son is 17 right now and things started out when he was 8. My husband a Veit Nam Vet. We been together 20 years So I go though it double time with both of them. It took us untill my son turn 15 to get the right help. And just last year my husband broke down and is on meds. So don’t wait to long to get yourself educated. There is help and books to help your family

That must be a heavy burden, to try to raise the kids, run the house, and be a full time caregiver to someone who is so ill. I know my husband loves me alot, but when I go through my really bad illnesses, he gets overwhelmed after about two weeks. I think it must be even more difficult when it is a man who lies on the couch crying and helpless. We expect them to take care of us and to be strong and in control of their emotions.
I am new here, and so don’t know what you have posted before. I feel though, that you must really need contact with people who understand depression, or you wouldn’t have come back posting that he has started medication. I hope that you can find compassion and sympathy here, because you are in a bad situation and do need support. If possible, you might seek a group therapy to help you deal with these emotions. Do you feel betrayed, angry, or frustrated? Do you feel sad, overwhelmed, or hopeless?
Depression is a like an emotional cancer. It renders the victim helpless and causes a deep deep pain that affects everyone. Can a cancer victim snap out of it just by sheer force of will? Or a diabetic lower their blood sugars without medication or lifestyle change? No. And the support, love and compassion of family members goes a long way towards healing. YOU need love and support too, which you are not getting from you father who you depend on. I’m sorry your father is disappointed in you because your husband is ill right now. You are a caregiver of someone who is very ill, and you need love compassion and support. It is o.k. to feel overwhelmed by his pain. By finding support for yourself, you can both become stronger. Personally, I would find it very frightening to go from being a person that has it all to facing such a debilitating disease. I don’t know you, but applaud you for being brave enough to come back here and make the effort to reach out, even when you are feeling unwelcome.

OMG! this is the most ridiculous bs I’ve ever heard, unbelievable!

IF she is a real person…she’s beyond helping as she cant see she has issues too and one who dont think they have any issues at all, just cant be helped. So there is nothing we could really do.

I dont thou believe she is being real, as too many things dont make sense or just seem to point to a someone faking for attention, far too much is calling for attention, the whole profile calls for attention along with everything said, (which I think is actually sad that someone feels a need to do that).

Her profile… the info on it dont see to be right. I also thought it was interesting how one paid her out about what she probably looks like… and so the very next moment there is a photo of a stunning model like blonde appearing in her picture. (Which was actually what I was expecting would appear after the other made the comment which was made!!!). Everything all together, its all too “gamish”.

Some are just so mean and get their kicks by trying to upset others cause they think it is fun… and who else to try to upset easily… but the “depressed” people.