Great news!

well after a rollercoaster of events and a few months on the Thal/Dex regimine… sp? the latest results are they think my Dad has Waldenstroms and NOT multiple myeloma… he’s been a rare case I guess. He’s been to all sorts of experts, and they just can’t figure him out! They thought he had both, we’ve been back and forth on this. Anyways they were treating him pretty aggressively for this, and the meds have made him feel awful, not to mention that neuropathy… and the meds to counteract those problems, and all the side effects of that medicine… wow! it just snowballs one drug after another! So he’s off all the crappy medicine and on 8 weeks of Rituxian? sp?? then 3 months off, and 8 more weeks. So far, knock on something! the Rituxian hasn’t been that bad. He had a few reactions in the hospital to it, like an itchy rash and tingly feelings, but they got it under control. I’m so glad he’s off all those horrible meds and back to himself. Who knows, they may throw us back in to the multiple myeloma category in a few months… but for now I’ll take this!!