Grief

Over two years ago I met the kindest man, who I know loved me, tho he accepted that I could not love again. We traveled to Hawaii, and other places but he was at the beginning of Parkinsons and the disease progressed rapidly. Last November he fell and wedged his body between the toilet and tub FOR TWO DAYS!! On December 19 he moved in and I became his caretaker. He was a terrific companion, funny and smart, tho we no longer enjoyed intimacy, he had his own room, but it was very difficult picking him up off the floor - he was big and I am not. He agreed to go to Friendship Village at the end of this month, but suddenly my back gave out and I was unable to lift him. Then, just last week, he announced that he would move in with his son (Hoffman Estates) and took all his clothes. I did not know what to think but felt somewhat sad. The next morning his son called me with the news that Richard had taken his life. Devastated, his son said that he did’nt want to leave me with that kind of mess and that he loved me, Barkley and Murphy (dog & cat). Now I am utterly griefstricken and am thinking of getting a bottle.

Jimmy is right.

I speak from experience. Not necessarily the same situation, but from getting that bottle and taking some instant “relief”, or so I thought. That drink lasted 8 months.

IT DOES NOT GET BETTER. IT ONLY PROLONGS THE AGONY. And, it will get worse.

My uncle decided to take his life a few years ago. Don’t really know what was going through his mind, but he had health problems too. I don’t think he wanted to put my aunt/his wife through a lot of caretakeing. That’s just my best guess.

Chip