Have You Tried This For Your Headaches

Trade you a migraine headache for a hernia operation? Sometimes they are bad enough I want to put a vice grip on my head and just squeeze and squeeze.

A friend of mine who had to wear a hard had at work, disassembled one keeping the adjustable inner part....?? ya with me? Anyway I could put it around my head and tighten it and it would help, to a degree.

But the amazing part is what lengths we will go to be out of the pain of a migraine. I was started on a drug called Zonisamide 100 mg caps. I had been on Topamax for a long time, but it has a side effect on the brain causing forgetfulness and losing train of thought. With Brain Fog already,  it was really working against me.  Anyway, I was switched and I really can see a difference in the number of headaches. It doesn't change the Cluster headaches, but I am down on the number of Imitrix Injections and pills from before.

I wanted to bring this to your attention since it is a newer drug some Dr.'s may not be familiar with it. I also find that a cocktail of medication works best for me when I do have an attack. My migraines are ferocious. Lots of vomiting and tunnel vision, loss of equilibrium so I can't walk straight and I fall. Light, smells, & sounds, all my migraine triggers, are all amplified to an excruciating level.

So I get imitrix in me as quick as I can, along with an aleve and 1/2 of a xanax tablet. Imitrix to stop the dialation and constriction of the heads vascular system, the aleve is an anti inflammatory, and the xanax to relax me.

This is a cocktail my Neurologist suggested for ME. You have to check with your Dr. first of course. Hoped this might help some one out there, smile.

Here's wishing you a "trigger" free holiday,

River~

Hi River. Thanks for the info. I have been put on the same meds, but started at a 50mg dosage once at bed time. So far it has helped them to stay at a dull roar (which I am willing to take at this point!) Thanks for the info and the help.