Health Anxiety

Hi everyone~

New here. My name is Christine, I'm 38 years old w/ two boys ages 7 and 6 months. I'm a stay at home mom. About a year ago I had my first panic attack. Nothing triggered it. As a result I've been obessed w/ my health. I am sure I'm having a heart attack all the time. I've been in the ER four times since October. I have seen two cardiologists and both say I'm fine. I have had an echo, two stress tests, numerous EKGs, tons of blood work, thyroid tests, lupus tests, lung scans for clots, heart ct scan for calcium deposits, u/s of entire stomach (kidney, bladder, gallbladder, pancreas, etc ) heart monitor, pulmonary tests, and I've seen a GI and guess what....ALL NEGATIVE!!! My last cardiologist did tell me my Vitamin D is low so I'm taking Vitamin D tablets once a week for ten weeks then twice a month. She told my husband and I she knows something for sure..."I've had every test and I'm a healthy woman." Of course I did the whole "What If."

I'm currently seeing a therapist who is very supportive. I can not take meds right now b/c I'm breastfeeding. My chest is heavy all the time, I'm lightheaded and I'm sure I'm going to die of a heart attack. I wish I could accept the doctors tests and go on w/ my life. I'm ruining my life and I'm not enjoying it. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks for reading this!

Christine

hi christine…i am having attacks for the past few months and they are
really tiring me out

Reply-To: anxiety-cpt2716@lists.careplace.com
To: mushkilan@hotmail.com
Subject: [anxiety] Health Anxiety
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:42:15 -0400

Christine, I had similar issues while breastfeeding my middle child.  Since you say it started while you were pregnant, it sounds to me as if your hormones are a little out of wack.  By the time I got pregnant with the 3rd child (while still breast feeding, be careful!),  the anxiety was closer to normal.  Maybe it was replaced with fear because I was going to have a 3rd child! LOL

There isn't a way to check your hormone levels while lactating.  You can check the blood now, but it may be totaly different in an hour.  Some suggestions, eliminate ALL cafine; coffee, even decaf, soda, tea (even herbal), chocolate :( etc.  Drink lots of water and ask your Dr for some prenatal vitamins to take while you are still nursing.

How is your baby acting?  Is he fussy?  Does he sleep well?  Are YOU getting enough sleep?  Your anxiety may have to do with post partum depression.  With 3 kids, I only had it once.  When I was in college, I started to have panic attacks.  When I went on the Pill and regulated my hormones, it stopped.

Please feel free to message me, I'd like to try to help you get through this.  Peace to you and your family,

(((HUGS))) Rachel

Christine, I had similar issues while breastfeeding my middle child.  Since you say it started while you were pregnant, it sounds to me as if your hormones are a little out of wack.  By the time I got pregnant with the 3rd child (while still breast feeding, be careful!),  the anxiety was closer to normal.  Maybe it was replaced with fear because I was going to have a 3rd child! LOL

There isn't a way to check your hormone levels while lactating.  You can check the blood now, but it may be totaly different in an hour.  Some suggestions, eliminate ALL cafine; coffee, even decaf, soda, tea (even herbal), chocolate :( etc.  Drink lots of water and ask your Dr for some prenatal vitamins to take while you are still nursing.

How is your baby acting?  Is he fussy?  Does he sleep well?  Are YOU getting enough sleep?  Your anxiety may have to do with post partum depression.  With 3 kids, I only had it once.  When I was in college, I started to have panic attacks.  When I went on the Pill and regulated my hormones, it stopped.

Please feel free to message me, I'd like to try to help you get through this.  Peace to you and your family,

(((HUGS))) Rachel

Christine,

I’m 42 yrs old. I have 2 girls 11 & 7 years old. I been dealing w/ anxiety since I was 37. I believe I’ve had it much longer, but had no responsible adults in my life to take care of it earlier on.

Being a stay at home mom is stressfull. You don’t get a lunch hour or get to socialize with other adults. You don’t even get stress free bathroom breaks lol.

Are your able to go out with girlfriends or do something for yourself. I’ve gone to the cosmetology school for me stuff. One week it was a haircut, another was hair colored, another week got the brows done. My next trip is a manicure. Don’t get me wrong…I’m not high maintenance…this stuff makes me mentally feel better & doesn’t cost me an arm & a leg.

Hope this inspired you :slight_smile: Phones ringing 80 year old mother in law-Oh she is so funny :slight_smile:

Have a great day "_

Jenn

Christine,

I’m 42 yrs old. I have 2 girls 11 & 7 years old. I been dealing w/ anxiety since I was 37. I believe I’ve had it much longer, but had no responsible adults in my life to take care of it earlier on.

Being a stay at home mom is stressfull. You don’t get a lunch hour or get to socialize with other adults. You don’t even get stress free bathroom breaks lol.

Are your able to go out with girlfriends or do something for yourself. I’ve gone to the cosmetology school for me stuff. One week it was a haircut, another was hair colored, another week got the brows done. My next trip is a manicure. Don’t get me wrong…I’m not high maintenance…this stuff makes me mentally feel better & doesn’t cost me an arm & a leg.

Hope this inspired you :slight_smile: Phones ringing 80 year old mother in law-Oh she is so funny :slight_smile:

Have a great day "_

Jenn

Hello,

You have reached John Hawkins.

I’m protecting myself from receiving junk email by using Challenge/Response Spam Protection.

Please follow the directions below to make sure I receive the email you just sent me.

This is an automated message from Inbox.com Challenge/Response Spam Protection.

Since your email address is not listed in the users address book or white list, Challenge/Response Spam Protection is temporarily holding your email until you confirm your email address.

Confirmation is easy.

Just click the link below and this message and all future messages from you will be delivered directly into the users inbox and you will not receive this notification again.

http://www.inbox.com/sverify.aspx?P=WoKqVJG9GMUbPisKe2N7IL43N2tZIumXW8ToYx8eYtmoPjpG2kw6Xnjup_7UMgmN4xFSicQdVjiFu5V_3THXmKP1Urj9M32rYZgW8Opf8p33vGu5Z7xAj0J9fNuvF0keyKJSRtLH33A3QM0r0jN3i1Ng@&_=1

Please notice!: If you cannot access the verification page by clicking on this link, please copy the whole link (possibly wrapped into more lines) and paste it into a new browser window.

Please do not reply to this email as we will be unable to receive your reply.

To learn more about how to get your own email with 2GB storage and 100% spam protection, please visit our site at:
http://email.inbox.com/?rc=hawk116%40inbox.com&pid=1755