Health Insurance Coverage

If none of you mind, I would appreciate some health insurance 411.

Have you or someone you know been denied coverage completely at work because of this preexisting medical condition known as Hep-C? or have you or someone you know been told that your coverage would not include Hep-C and anything related to it. WOW…I just sounded like one of those TV commercials.

I know that there are many factors in obtaining/qualifying for health insurance but I’m trying to see how Hep-C is seen by some insurance companies. Is it something that they try to push away with a ten foot pole or they “tolerate” rather well. So I would greatly appreciate anything you guys can tell me.

I sure wish I didn’t have to ask these kinds of questions because there was no need to. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case.

Thanks for any info and have an awesome day!
JustBill

jb
First, I wanna know what insurance company it is so I can avoid them.
second, I am no insurance wizard. but I do not see how they can call anything a preexisting condition unless a doctor diagnosed you and then you changed insurance companies, in less than 3 years. Most don’t even have the 2 or 3 year deal.
JB this is sacred territory for me as I am covered through my husbands insurance.
We are getting divorced much to my sadness. But I will be without insurance soon, extreme cost of individual insurance isn’t doable financially, The human resource said she wasn’t the ins. lady who wasn’t in at the time, but she’d worked there a long time and knew about it. She told me Hep c is covered and if they try to get out of it, get a laywer
Also tell me what state you are in, as some states have laws and support for Hep Cats like us. I was going to move back to Texas only I have found they have passed the law but not inacted it as of yet. So I’d be in bad shape to live there.
California, however, is the best state to be in for Hep C. They write your ticket.
Doctors are savey about disease and side effects. So let me know and I’ll help you out.
I’d look over my insurance. Hep C is a chronic debilitating disease which deserves the same attention as Cancer, Aids, COPD, heart disease, diabetis. It is recognized by Social Services and disability as a recognized disease. You need help, or really the person telling you that wad of poop is the one in need of help,
But a lawyer consult is what I’d do. This is not some rare unheard of disease
there is over 4 million of us out here.
Also know that your treatment meds can be gotten for free if you cannot pay for them, I figured every shot is about $400 to 500 each. It runs with Ribavirin about 1700 per month.
So get real , this insurance can make a Saint a sailor cussin SOB, it’s important.
Your side effects will require meds, so get some help, get real about it, and speak easy from your heart, and hope you don’t have to become a swill sinning sailor
to get your point across (no intention to single out sailors, forgive)
LOL
JB, take care of yourself, get on the internet and do some research so you can talk smart, and have a copy of the article etc from the internet to back you up.

Oh I am bristled by the injustices of Hep C. Very similar as Aides. Lots of judgment out there. Keep the God Mantle close and ask in advance for forgiveness, cause you’ll sin before this therapy is over. LOL

I send you good will and peace
It’s the best there is
River