Hello everyone I am new here

My name is Angel and I have social anxiety (phobia) I have had it all my life. I hope to find some support here.

yeah, supermarkets and shopping aren’t much fun for me either. luckily, i’m a guy, and i don’t have to like shopping :-). Are you seeing a therapist? For awhile, i didn’t want to see one, cause i felt like i would be admitting to myself that i had a problem, but i just started seeing one and it really helps…

I too suffer with social anxiety disorder. It is hard to deal with, especially since your fears are so ridiculous. But they seem like life and death to me. The other day i couldnot even talk to a cleark at a convenience store. and everytime i run from it it just makes it that much harder the next time.

I take several meds including klonopin. It takes the edge off but just a little. Thanks for responding.

IVE HEARD THAT BUSPAR WORKS FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE. YOU MAY JUST NEED MORE TIME. YOU HAVE A GREAT NEW YEARS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD ATTITUDE. YOUR AWESOME.

I take prozac for depression and I am also on buspar for anxiety. So far the buspar doesn’t have an effect. I have been on it for about three weeks now. I may need to give it more time. Hope you have a good new year’s. Take care.

Angel