Hello New Friends!

Hi Y'all!

I'm a newbie here at CarePlace but a golden oldie online. My strongest issues are in nutrition research and lifestyle coping methods and modifications. It must be working since I've lived with lupus since Moses wore papyrus diapers and my wolf has been my lifelong sidekick. My weakest issue has always been biting off bigger bites than my teeth can chew but, when he gets riled, Ol Wolfie reminds me by gnawing down on me.  Still, so far he only slows me down for a while, never stops me in my tracks. I'd knock on wood for luck on that but banging on my skull gives me a migraine.

I hope we'll get to know each other. Meanwhile, keep laughing back at life. It drives it crazy and, after all, fair's fair!

Smiling,

Shar

Hi – what a great attitude you have!  I’ve been fighting lupus for many years also (long before I was diagnosed).  It has never put me in the hospital, but come close.  I just refused to go.  My rhumey says I’m the most stubborn patient he has and I’ll probably live a long life. Welcome to this site – it’s wonderful. 

Hi Nanny,

Thanks for your reply. That's a pretty good attitude you're got strapped to your hip, too - a tool belt loaded for wolf.

Funny how so many doctors think we're stubborn when we refuse to give in, give up and go down without a peep. My doctor says my history proves I know my lupus better than anybody and am most qualified to make my own choices.

I'm starting my CarePlace journal now and will appreciate your insight and comments. I'm really glad to hear from you!

Hang in there and hang close! Glad you wrote!

Shar

Hello all,

I'm new to this site too, about to start on Azathprione(still learning to spell it te he)...anyone been on it.

take care, hope to meet some nice fellow lupies.

Tracex