HELP- Depo-provera

I was just wondering if anyone has been on the depo shot and had problems with it? I’ve only had one injection in January and have pretty much been bleeding the entire time… And it’s not just light spotting… My doctor is telling me to stick with it but I don’t know if I can with all the problems… I’m getting very discouraged

I had that shot and I did have alot of break through bleeding for the first month. After that (and the following two shots) I did fine with it. However, with my last shot I bled for about another month and then had spotting on and off for the remainder of the time.

Hopefully you’re doing better by now.
Luli

Luli,
Thanks for your input! Since writing that, I’ve decided not to continue with the Depo, and move on to the next thing, whatever that is! My doctor had put me on the nuvaring to stop the bleeding, which did for about a week and then I started again. So to re-cap, I’ve bled for about a grand total of 3 months!! BUT… I finally stopped yesterday! Needless to say, I don’t think I will ever have another Depo-Provera shot. It makes me angry that my doctor wanted me to continue with it though… Why would I want to continue with something that made me bleed for 3 months?

ThinkofPink,
Yeah, I blead non-stop on depo. That was several years ago. I also turned in to a total witch. I was as emotionally stable as a mental paitent.

Let me know how the nuva-ring works. I’m supposed to start mine in a few days.

I loved the Nuva Ring! I was on it for almost 2 years until it stopped working for me… that’s how I came to use the Depo-provera. If I run out of options, I may opt to go back on the the nuvaring and hope for the best.
I’m sure everyone’s experience is different with it, but I didn’t have any side effects with the ring, and I barely felt it. It’s wonderful worrying about it only once a month too! Good Luck, I hope it works for you, too!