Help give me strength

I don't know how much longer i can take this tx. I get my shots on friday nights and usually I'm sick all weekend.

I get so weak, i want to sleep all the time, the nausea as everyone knows kills ya. I'm dehydrating because I'm just sweating, it just runs down me. I was never like this before and  I cant take the heat at all. It's been in the 90 and its like being down below, even the 80 kill.

Help give me strength to keep up the tx.

Thank you LB

It has been 8 yrs since I took my tx. I am 1B, cleared, but 6 weeks after "14" months of treatment, it came back. I will not re-treat with the Interferon and R-pills. Could not go through that hell again. Lots of my sides have decided to stay with me. I have been seeing a psych and therapist for 6 yrs, on meds for my depression and anxiety. Only way I can handle it. They are a blessing for me. I stuck out the 14 months and all of you on tx now, YOU can do it. Some will clear, some will not. I just chose to wait for something better down the road. My bllod work has been in normal range since I stopped. The Sweats still hit me everyday tho! Least little excertion and I'm dripping wet. Can not handle heat either. I freeze water bottles when half full, when I leave home I fill it up with cold water and take it with me.I'm talking the big water bottles too. You to stay hydrated, if not...you WILL feel more sick than you are. I take cool showers and even after these 8 yrs, I still have a small fan next to bed on at all times. When people are driving down the road with heaters on, my ac is blowing on me.I never wear a jacket on cold days. Ice packs are a must when you leave home. Drink water everyday, what ever your weight is: half that into ounces, and thats how much water you need to drink everyday and more, to keep from becoming dehydrated. I weighed 140 in the beginning, i hated just water, but I made sure I at least drank 70 ounces a day, then during summer, water was no problem then! I still do all these things. Good luck to you newbies on tx !! LOU

You can make it! Keep drinking those liquids…go for a gallon a day. Please tell your Dr about all your sides even if you think they are minor. I had the nausea big time but the Dr fixed it for me. Try to stay focused on why you are on treatment. You are not alone.

You just started the treatment right Bitty? If so just hang in there it should taper off somewhat. Speak with your doctor . You should of recieved a phone number for a support system with nurses to help with questions and suggestions. If you need hon call me 1-732-473-1150. leave message and number and i will get back to you with my cell phone. Sleeping is a good thing hon. I slept non-stop in the beginning. Just remember that your body is able to heal itself best when it is sleeping and resting. . Relax in a tub filled with cool water have ice to suck on and even get some pedia light pops that children get when they don’t feel good. helps keep your electolytes up .
Hang in there hon , just take it easy, YOU CAN DO THIS !!!

Your body battles the dragon best at night, you’re sweating is a sign your body is fighting. Consider sleep your path to health. I know you don’t have air conditioning. For that alone I know things are difficult. I drank Pedialyte, it helps. Make crystal light. ice cream is wonderful, eat it up. the peanut butter Patsy mentioned was a mainstay, That and fruits. Have someone hitting the farmer’s market for you to get fresh fruit. Yogurt…I got hooked on cherry yogurt. YOU CAN DO THIS , sending you love and cool hugs
~RIVER~

I don’t know about you but I have tons of ice packs that they have shipped with my medication. You can put 'em on your wrists, neck…where ever and it will cool you down. Another of my favorites is a nice cold footbath…cools your whole body.
Remember also that we do have to watch for fevers. If I start feeling real yucky I take my temperature. Side effects are bad enough but an infection…don’t need 'em.

Amen- A thermometer is a very important thing to have as well as blood
pressure meter - as your electrolytes can get screwed up and blood pressure drop
making you dizzy. Wow - I too kept those freezer thingys - a bonus - can use
in coolers too - on days when you’re feeling better and go to beach or a
picnic. For those not having those days anymore - in second half of your year of
torture - I send you strength, and peace, and even a moment of strength, or
joy. Hold onto these - you will get through it and it will work!!

In love and light,

Patsy

In a message dated 7/28/2008 9:04:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hepatitis-c-cpt9855@lists.careplace.com writes:

~--------------- sent via careplace.com
~-~ Bird Lady posted the message below in the Hepatitis C Forum.
~-~ The entire conversation can be found here:
http://www.careplace.com/page/1500#forum-thread-9855
~-~ To respond to this message, reply to this email or sign in to
CarePlace.com
~-~ To start a new conversation, email hepatitis-c@lists.careplace.com or
sign in to CarePlace.com
~-~ To see Bird Lady’s profile, go here: http://www.careplace.com/view/18962
~--------------- all text below this line will
be cut off in your reply

I don’t know about you but I have tons of ice packs that they have shipped
with my medication. You can put 'em on your wrists, neck…where ever and it
will cool you down. Another of my favorites are a nice cold
footbath…cools your whole body.
Remember also that we do have to watch for fevers. If I start feeling real
yucky I take my temperature. Side effects are bad enough but an
infection…don’t need 'em.

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to
http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

**************Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
(http://www.fanhouse.com/fantasyaffair?ncid=aolspr00050000000020)