Help me identify myself

I would like to know if I have As or not. It seems like I do. I just dont know where to start or what to do. I have never been diagnosed. My name is Rod and I am a male age 37. Thanks in advance.

Hi Rod,
I have a 22 yr old son with AS. I think the best thing for you to do (if you can) would be to get diagnosed by a DR. Do you have a family DR. ? I know here in S,C, you have to go through your family Dr. and get a refferal.
Of course if you have a family DR. that you have known for sometime, that would be great. Otherwise you might have to start at your local mental health center. Sometimes that can be a start. But it’s hard to get diagnosed, because there are so many other things that can be associated with what’s going on with you. If you feel you might have AS just be sure to be clear with whoever you see about it. You might even mention that you think it is As instead of waiting for them to tell you. Sometimes you have to be a little pushy, but consistent. It has taken a long time to get my son diagnosed ( he was 18 ) and I still struggle every day with trying to get him what he needs. Just don’t give up. Sometimes you may want to scream, but just stand your ground and make sure they understand where you are coming from and what your thoughts are. Also you can find information on here and if it helps make a list of why you think you may have AS. Don’t be afraid to keep at it till you find the answers you need. If you’d like keep in touch. I’m Aileen, my “Aspie” son is Brandon. We live in S.C. Take care and best of luck to you !