Help needed for completing college report

Hi everyone.

My name is Charlene Watson, and Im a student at college in Scotland. As a part of my course, I need to write a 1500 word report on a topic of my choice - I have chosen Ovarian Cancer. This is where you come in…

Im hoping to post a questionnaire on here for you all to fill out. As I do not know any of you, you can feel free to fill it in anonymously, or tell me all about yourself. Every questionnaire that is filled out helps towards statistics and also helps me get the topic across from a personal point of view. All members will be credited in my report - as will the group - and when it is completed (9th November) I am happy to email anyone a copy who would like to see it.

I do hope you can all help me. I will see what sort of response you all give on here, and if its a positive one, I will post the questionnaire on here hopefully within the next day or two.

Many kind thanks in advance

Charlene xxx

As a 1st generation Scottish American I would be glad to help you!
I am a Ovarian Cancer suvivor DX @ 47 Stage IIIC.

Pam TvlBeach@Yahoo.com

peach ovarian-cancer-cpt6290@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Count me in!!! Add thyroid cancer to the mix and you have my profile!! Kristi

In a message dated 10/12/2007 8:39:19 AM Mountain Standard Time,
ovarian-cancer-cpt6290@lists.careplace.com writes:

http://www.careplace.com/view/TvlBeach (Pam)

Pam,

I am having issues with trying to communicate with you via Careplace. I am
very interested in hearing your story, as I too am of Scottish descent, with a
diag of IIIC ovarian cancer, as you know. Doing fairly well at this point,
with a bit of a ‘fall back’ on Monday night. But I’m taking the reins of my
health journey, and have found some awesome natural health practitioners, as well
as a solid onco, I believe.

Please share your story; would love to hear how long you’ve ‘survived’ (mine
is 7.5 mos.), and what you’ve done to beat the odds!

Jennifer

See what’s new at
http://www.aol.com

Charlene,

Yes, count me in as a 7.5 mo. ovarian cancer survivor…would love to
participate!

Jennifer

See what’s new at

Hi, I’m stage 4c recurring ovarian cancer. I’m in my 2nd remission right now and will be a 3 year survivor Dec. 17 of this year. I would be interested in your report.

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 ovarian cancer last March. I went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and received 6 chemo’s and a hysterectomy. I am currently in remission and feel wonderful. I could use some hair, but other than that…

I will happily do what I can for your report–maybe it will make me learn a little about my particular cancer. I’m much more interested in forgetting I ever had it but somehow I don’t think that is the recommended approach to continued good health.

Marilyn Jones
PO Box 1892
Mason, TX 76856
http://www.goatview.com
(325)347-5326
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
-George Bernard Shaw

----- Original Message ----
From: shirleyz ovarian-cancer-cpt6290@lists.careplace.com
To: goatview@yahoo.com
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 3:59:03 PM
Subject: Re: [ovarian-cancer] Help needed for completing college report

I am a thyroid cancer and ovarian cancer survivor. I am 50 and was dx with thyroid cancer 12/75 and 3/84 with just surgery both times and ovarian dx 2/05, stage IIIC, hysterectory, chemo remission and recurence 5/06. Did experiemental drug for 6 mos then chemo and now remission since 5/07 and feel great. I’d love to help with your survey. Nola Metcalf

Hey im carolyn from West Tennessee. I’m a suvivor of ovarian cancer. Fixin to be 9 months. I was told I was stage 3 ovarian cancer April 20th of 06. If I can be of any help on ya report, I would gladly answer any questions. :slight_smile:

I’m stage IV, 37 years old, and still in treatment after 21 chemo sessions. I would be willing to join your “survey”!

Nola, what was the experimental drug you trialed on?

Ann

I am a thyroid cancer and ovarian cancer survivor. I am 50 and was dx
with thyroid cancer 12/75 and 3/84 with just surgery both times and
ovarian dx 2/05, stage IIIC, hysterectory, chemo remission and recurence
5/06. Did experiemental drug for 6 mos then chemo and now remission since
5/07 and feel great. I’d love to help with your survey. Nola Metcalf

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with not only Ovarian Cancer (3c) but Uterine Cancer (2b). Optimal debulking surgery removed a 25 pound tumor. So far, the 6 carbo/taxol treatments have worked (knock on wood), but my 3 month checkups and tests keep me very anxious. I have lost many friends who can’t deal with my illness. My family has been no help. I have lost my house and about everything I own because my mother was scammed into selling it. On the bright side, I still have my dogs and they help me considerably.

In a message dated 10/12/2007 3:19:29 PM Mountain Standard Time,
ovarian-cancer-cpt6290@lists.careplace.com writes:

http://www.careplace.com/view/WestTennesseegal

Carolyn,

I can’t seem to pull you up on Careplace…I am a 7.5 mo. ovarian
cancer survivor, IIIc. Would love to hear your story!

What is your age, did you do chemo, what else are you doing, etc.

Jennifer

See what’s new at

Ann, I was on AZD-2171 at Mass. General Hospital. It is a drug that slows or blocks the blood to the tumor so to not feed it. My ovca had recurred by was listed as non-measurable. This means the nodules were less than 1 cm which is minimal growth. I took the med, which was 3 pills I took in the am each day. I helped my ca125 return to normal for a couple of months but then it increased until it went up to 300 at which time I stopped it (6 months). This time gave me more of an interval from when I had taken the initial carbo/taxol, but the best part is that even though the numbers went up, my CAT scan showed absolutely no change in the size of the nodules in my abdomen. I then chose to repeat the carbo/taxol and am in remission with my last number of 6.3. You can email me for more info if you would like at mainemetcalfs@tds.net. Where are you at? Nola
---- toad ovarian-cancer-cpt6290@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Not sure who, but somone wanted to see my profile on here. I checked and it was workin today. If it keeps not workin, plz email me again and I will check more into it. thanks :slight_smile: Carolyn Known as WestTennesseegal