Help

M y daughter has just had both breasts removed two weeks ago but she is worrying as she is getting less sick pay than when she worked thus throwing into debt is there any help she can get or claim for
thanks

hi wren54 thanks for your kind info I will advise her of this I live in Hartlepool and my daughter lives in Chesterfield but I do worry over her.I am a retired nurse but when it comes to your own, every thing seems to go blank.

its because you were a nurse ,my friend was once and she says because you have knowledge of medicine that you worry more ,but things have come on so much now the nurse that i met had had her massectomy [double] 15 years ago and is here to tell the tale she help me a lot she said my treatment would be far superior to what she had and there were no support groups to help her .may be if you contacted a support group in your area they may be able to put your mind at rest a bit i wish you and your daughter all the best

Merry meet, dewdrop. It is also my daughter who has just had a mastectomy in the last week. She is 32. How old is your daughter? In my case, it is me who is having to have the stiff upper lip, because if I lose it, the entire family will. Especially the men. Is it that way with you?

I don’t think this can help you at this point, but it might. My daughter works for urologists, and last fall, they were offered cancer insurance for $19 a month. My daughter said she just felt compelled to sign up. Well, it paid her $5,000 the day her diagnosis was official, and they paid her $300 for every day in the hospital, and I think $100 for each of her chemo treatments.

I’m sorry, I know that it may be too late for your daughter to get this. I just wanted to let folks know that there is such a thing. I had never heard of it till my daughter told me she had signed up for it. It only took 30 days to go into effect.

Even so, perhaps we can help each other through this as it seems they are just about at the same stage of their treatments.

Blessed Be,

Debbie

I just wondered, Dewdrop, does where your daughter work, have a human resource officer? If so, maybe she could get help there.

How is she doing?  And how are you doing?

Debbie