Hepatitis C Member Introductions

I would like to join because I want to learn more well as much as I can about this diesease.

I have HCV and need support. I have chronic pain I also have RA, pos CMV, EPV and kidney stones. Do other people use Lortab to help with the pain of their Hepatitis and Rheumatoid arthritis

I HAVE HAD HEP C FOR ABOUT 40 YRS. AND ALSO DIABETES FOR OVER 10 YRS. I WENT THRU A SPECIAL STUDY TREATMENT OF INFERGEN AND RIBO- (MEGA DOSES) 7 DAYS A WEEK FOR 6 MOS. IT DID NOT CLEAR THE VIRUS AND NOW I HAVE A VIRAL COUNT OVER 5 MILLION. I HAVE CIROSSIS AND FIBROSIS-4OF4. IHAVE TO GO BACK ON THE TREATMENT AGAIN SOON-THEN TRANSPLANT. I AM SO TIRED AND WEAK ALL OF THE TIME THAT I CAN’T LIVE A NORMAL LIFE. THE DRS. DON’T HAVE ANY GOOD REMIDIES FOR FATIGUE AND I WAS WONDERING IF OTHERS HAVE SEVER FATIGUE AND HOW DO THEY DEAL WITH IT.

I was diagnosed w/ hep C , seven years ago. But have not had any follow-up since as I seem to be in good physical condition until recently I seem to be prone to infections . And have experienced severe and long term bouts of diahrreah. This started about 6-months ago and i have repeated bouts about once a month. Other wise I don’t have any other symptoms I am aware of… I am puzzled. What to do. and what could posssibly be going on with my body? Any thoughts or comments from othrs with similiar experience will be appreciated.

soon to start treatment woohoo, been alone with just myself for 7 years, pretty much celibate-yup. and hep c is not sexually transmittable! but im shy and embarrassed about it but strong and capable of being single without being deppressed, hell i probably stayed away from all the other things that are transmittable !!!ha ha so im in pittsburgh originally from socal, 27, workin and doing my own thing

I am interested in hepitites c because my sister inlaw who just had a baby 2 months ago found out her boyfriend is positive for hep c. and i was wondering how u get it and could the baby have it?

Well I have been diagnosed with hep c about a month ago. Still waiting for exact genotype and such. I’m scared, nervous, and most of all want to beat this disease. I need to connect with others who are going through and/or have gone through. This is my beginning. Later, after more experience I would want to help someone in their beginning.

Hi I have geno type 5a and have lived with it for around twenty years or so with a diagnoses for about four I haven’t tried treatment and was looking to make friends

I finished combination therapy a year ago - and was looking for others who think they may be experiencing lasting side effects, or at least longer lasting ones? My therapy was a raging success however - which is a wonderful thing - now if I only felt different/better.

hi i want to learn more about hepatitis C

Late 30’s - diagnosed April '07

HiI wanted to join your group for awareness, new tx info, and just camaraderie.I was diagnosed 8 years ago, genotype 1a, viral load 3.5 million. Had a biopsy, and all looked well. The last few years I’ve been having normal liver function tests twice a year, until I went on HRT and they became elevated. My gastro doc split town, so I went to see a new guy, and he wanted another biopsy to see if there were changes. Said the viral load is now 2 million, stage 1 fibrosis. We figured I contracted this 35 years ago from a gamma globulin shot (ironically to not catch “non-A non-B” Hep!). He wants me to go on tx now, just to make sure the dragon doesn’t wake up suddenly. I have no clue what to do. I’m 50, just married for 1 year, and hate like hell to give up 11 months to this great big maybe. I hate to draw attention to my non-issue when so many of you are sick right now, but I don’t know where to go for advice. On my way right now for my semi-annual blood work. Keep your fingers crossed! Thanks for the ear.
Sue
Lake Villa, Illinois

My husband has Hep C and I was wanting to possibly talk to others that are going through the interferon therapy and how Hep C has affect their lives in general. I want to know things about this virus from people that are dealing with it everyday and not from a doctor that is not suffering with it and knows how it is first hand. I would love to hear from anyone that is willing to talk to me and give me some pointers on how to better take care of and sympathize with my husband. Thank you in advance !

I have it. I tried to loose it and could not (drug therapy). Went into major life changes such as depression while in treatment. My friends lost it thru therapy and this made me think “my life…” I am distressed about still having it and want to get rid of it. Therefore-here I am…

I have hepatitis c - I’m looking for free treatment

my name is Rocky, and i was told that i had hep-c in 2003,was told that i had probably had it for aboput 30 yrs.

I have recently been diagnosed

just diagnoised fixing to start interferion treatment

Hi, My name is Lennie and I have Hep C, currently under treatment (again) and I need info, support and a shoulder to cry on occassionally. One would think I be a little less anxious since I am doing treatment again, but all the doubts and anxieties are back.

I need people to talk to with the same issue. I need friends to talk to.