Hepatitis C Member Introductions

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. Everyone here has something to share about Hepatitis C. For the discussion boards, we ask that you keep your full name and location private.

Hi there…i have hep c and live in conn. rite now i’m not able to do the treatment becuz i also have a autoimmune liver illness called pbc…primary bilary cirrohosis and treatment for hep c would probably put me on the transplant list really quick. oh well i just have to sit and wait it out i guess and hope for the best. i belong to other groups here…it seems misery likes company so to speak as far as illnesses go. looking forward to hearing from everyone…online forums have saved my life…no lie!!  love and peace lorial

hi everyone!
I have never been to this forum before.
I am currently on tx for hep c.
Genotype 1a, liver 1/1, and this is my 2 time around.
Hoping to rid the dragon forever this time!
Hepper Hugggss
Lisa

I want 2 talk 2 others who are going through this, I’m having a hard time dealing and coping this is so new to me. People around me w/out it just dont understand me it seems.

Well since i was just diagnosed a little over a year ago I am willing to learn more about what I have… Also I would like to make friends and so forth.

I HAV HEP-C ,DOING WELL WILL ALTERNATIVES AND HELPED QUITE A FEW WITH HEP-C AND I’M NOT SELLING ,THE INFO IS FREE

I would like to meet other singles with Hepatitis C for support.

Last week i found out that I Have Hepatitis C and i want to learn more about what i have to look forward to.

I found out a year ago that I had ’ Hep C "
Now they are talking about treatment and I wont do it because of all the side effects.
I have heard of this " alkalizing program " and wondering if anyone has ever tried it.
I have heard it have worked with others and has taken the Hep out of their body…GONE!
Anyone with anything to add please do.

Demmi`

I was first diagnosed as having HEP-C in March of 1996 while I was still on active duty in the U S Navy. I have genotype 1-A. I have done Interferon & Ribavirin treatment twice, both for 11 months each time. By six months after each treatment the virus returned. I then tried daily infergen & Ribavirin but could only tolerate it for about 2 months then I quit.

well hello everyone i was tokld i have hip c about 4 years ago but i dont have no insurance or money so im not taking nothing is this bad. i will really sick all the time and i a have gain about 60 lb in a year is this normal well where i live in sc most everyone has it but no one talk about . well i would love to hear from someone with hip c and tell me how i can get medical help

Have many problems due to HCV trying to get help have completed so called treatment interferon combo and now can not return to work,Treatment failed and have more problems than one can imagine cant see at times get stuck when trying to do simple things.To be able to write is chore so please try and figure if writing spelling is wrong.Cant find help anywhere DR’S said have more problems than they have ever seen but now say not from Interferon?Say all tests normal trust me they are not even close to normal.Thank God i have many hidden copys that they seem to have Lost or can’t find or are incomplete when you do get them.AM I ALONE?CAN ANYONE GIVE ME DIRECTION?I HAVE READ AND LOOKED AT ALL SYMPTOMS AND PROBLEMS NOT CRAZY HERE BUT FRUSTRATED TO NO END

I am Lowell Brannen, of Cleveland, TN, a retired pastor who did not intend to retire at the age of 63, but obviously God had a different plan. Now, I understand that having hepatitis-c and going through the therapy would not have been very profitable for me or the church. I love to connect with anyone who would share their experiences of hepatitus-c therapy. I am in week 10 of taking Peg-Intron via Redipen and Rebetol capsules.

I Learned I Had Contracted Hep. C Almost 8 Months Ago, Yet I’ve Had It For Over 20 Years From Blood Transfusions I Had For My Liver Transplant In 1986. I Am Now 24. I Just Like Info & I Also Want To Know If There Is Anything I Can Do To Pitch In & Help. I Know By Having The Translpant,Crohns & Rhumatoid Arthritis That There Are Supportive Bracelets Out There For Different Diseases. Just Wondering If There Is 1 For Hep C. Thanks!

Coping and not coping with hep-c. Afraid of the treatment as I already have eyesight problems and great fatigue. Doctors & Family really don’t understand anything about this disease. Does anyone know how to get better?

I HAV HEP-C

I have been newly diagnosed (4-24-07) and since have been through a myriad of emotions…and tests. I’ve had blood to ascertain vl, etc, then ultra sound and today biopsy. I am trying to research as quickly as I can on my own so I make the right decision when I receive my biopsy reults next Tuesday and plan my options. I might add when I learned of my diagnosis, after a random test, due to the death of my sister 3-16-07 (found her med papers afterwards…she had HCV), I backtracked to my last negative test 1998. Well, it turns out it was positive and somehow they didn’t read the labs or whatever. I was never informed…have seen that Dr. countless times since then…even three subsequent surgeries after 98. So, I need to get educated FAST and was hoping for any input from those of you with experience. Since my vl is “low” and my geno “promising” HA!, unless my biopsy is very bad, they won’t recommend treatment. Thanks…Donna

I am interested because I am getting ready to start treatment and am a little leary of the unknown,

Yesterday, June 14, 2007, I was diagnosed w/Hepatitis C. I had routine blood work and from that, my liver enzymes were elevated. I was sent for Hepatitis Panel to rule it out. Well, I have Hepatitis C and am being referred to the hepatitis center. I am a white female, 47 years old, and I’m pretty much scared. But I’m going to do whatever I am told.

I am really very curious about people who went through treatment or are currently on treatment. What happens, how do they feel, mainly that kind of thing. Does this disease stop you from doing things, how debilitating can it be–can you work? How about stress–does that make your symptoms worse? And what are some symptoms, etc.

As I have not yet received my appointment for the hepatitis center, I don’t know anything to expect and know I will get education from them. I’m just mainly wanting some personal stories. THANKS!

I was diagnosed with hep C almost 10 years ago.