Hi I am new

Hi my name is Christine and i was just diagnosed with bipolar. I am looking for help advise anything I can get my hands on to deal with this disorder and to help my husband deal as well.  I just want someone to talk to please help

I just want to say thank you all for the advice and support. its nice to know that no one has to be alone with this disease. because thats how it feels but again thank you all so much HUGS to all

Welcome!  Good to see you here!  My advice is to get enough sleep, eat right, get some exercise, and take your meds.  It may take you a while to get the right combination of meds, but hang in there until you get it figured out.  It took me a while but I think I have the right combo now.  It’s different for everybody.  Glad to have you here.

Welcome,

I haven't been here long myself. But there seems to be some very nice people here. I would say read everything you can get your hands on.. My hubby has read as much as I have and its nice to know there are people that under stand what you are going through.. Please feel free to message me any time you need to chat...

Hello; my name is Starpass and am a new member. I am hoping, by joining this site I will have a chance to share my stories of this mood swing hell I’ve been going through, all my life.

I have had major depression from the age of 16 I was finally diagnosed with bipolar in 2000 in my early 30s im now 39 and still from time to time struggle with this illness.  Ive been taking medication for six years now and feel it has helped me immensely.  Im on the mood stabilizer sodium valproate which is also use for epilesy and occasionally take xanax for anxiety.  My anxiety levels are ok at the moment but there are times when it is really bad usually due to work related stresses but I am coping well at the moment.

I am new here, too. Welcome, everyone has been friendly and helpful for me so far.  Are you on medications for BP? I am BPII - mild but depressing (very much sometimes) and on Lamictal and some anti-depressants. I take Xanax for anxiety as needed. If you want to chat, I’ll be happy to.

Hi Guys!
I’m Robsmom. Rob has suffered from depression since he was 15 and has been diagnosed with bipolar for the last 2 years. He is on lamictal and just added Zoloft yesterday. He just came off Klonapin and Trazadone, which he has been on for 10 years. So far, so good. He’s still pretty down, and doesn’t go out of the house much. We’re hoping the Zoloft helps. I hope i can help you from the caregiver’s side and from my experiences in the mental health field.

hi all. i was diagnosed 5 years ago- officially. i’m type 2, rapid cycling, dysphoric, and ocpd. i’ve been on lots of different stuff. any questions i’ll happily answer to the best of my ability and knowledge.

I noticed you have ocpd can you please tell me what that is short for as i believe i am relatively informed but i am not familiar with this abbreviation i am bipolar 2 also and also get anxiety from time to time more so when very stressed which can impair my judgement.  Would like to hear back from you so message me back sometime.  I also have a private email address being lovely3196@yahoo.com.au.

Take care and cheers

Lisax

obsessive compulsive personality disorder. it gets harder to deal with when my moods get out of control. i keep trying harder and harder to control the things around mee, because i can’t control myself- then i just feel worse about myself.

hiya chrissyb hope your finding this website good my names fizzy hope you stick around i woz diagnosed with bi-polar sometime ago, its a bugger of an illness but theres enough people to chat to makes it bit easier to deal with hope to hear from you again - fizzy