Hi i am new

hi everyone!! just found the site. I was in a car accident in 94, which after that i was in PT for 2 years. I have suffered with pain ever since. I have a degenerative spine disorder and broke my tailbone several times. Herniated L4 L5 and just overall sciatic pain. I take vicodin and norco. norco is the same as vicodin but with less acetaminophen in it. I also take soma for the muscles. Because of insurance reasons i have to resort to buying pills from people i know. I go to a clinic that gives me tramadol which works ok but not as well as the others. Anyway good to meet everyone. We are from NY is anyone else??

Michele

Nice to meet  you sweetlaney... I was in an accident in 94 too, but I don't know if that had anything to do with the pain that started 6 years later...

I take Norco too... and Vicodin, Methadone... my pain doc is refusing to believe that after 3 years on pain meds I'm building up a tollerance.  I"m just a run of the mill junkie to him.....

Be careful with that soma!!! I used to take that and it can build up in your system and make you start losing days... memory of them I mean.   I live in Colorado but I grew up in New Jersey...  3 years ago I had surgery fusing L4 to L5 and L5 to S1 - they put a titanium cage in there and 8 screws... it was an unsuccessful surgery that robbed me of so much.  I've heard others who it had worked wonders for... I"m jealous.

Well, I wanted to welcome you and give you the short version of my story.  You'll find here, you're in good company and not alone.

I too have tried buying meds illegally... having no luck with that either...! Ugh.

Hi Michele,
I too am new to this group. What is soma?. I feel on my back 2x and was in a car accident
and have deteriorated disc disease in the neck, both back and neck pain are terrible. I have cfs and makes the whole body hurt. the fatigue is overwelming and the doc gave me vicodin. I tried perkaset too and that does help. I am from ny too. its cold here :frowning:
tinks 46

sweetlaney chronicpain-cpt2585@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Hi Tinks46.

Degenerative disc disease seems to be the common denominator amongst us all.  Soma is a very POWERFUL muscle relaxer... and should be used with caution.  You should never take more than 3 a day...

I"m glad you both found this place... Its a great place.... where we can be among people who UNDERSTAND what we're going through and not be treated like 'it's all in our head' or 'we  just want drugs'.

Welcome welcome welcome! 

Even if you don't suffer from depression, check out that forum.... there's a lot of great people there.... a great place to have fun with new friends.... and I write an inspirational quote every day there too...

Hi welcome to the site…i’m from conn. whereabouts in ny are u from…the city? as far as the pain meds I’ve had to resort to getting them from people i know…its a messed up feelin…makes ya feel like ur a drug addict or something. I wish these drs would start doin there job for a change. I have a few dr horror stories i could share. sick of them!  They should legalize marijuana…doesnt make sense that opiates are legal to get with a prescription but pot isnt. i would thing that pills are alot more harmful to our bodies than pot would be. anyway thats my thought for the day…wishing u a less painful day.  love and peace lorial

Hi Lorial, thanks for the welcome,

You are right about the drugs. My supervisor told me on the phone that she thinks that I shouldnt take meds…ha lol… she doesnt know that I wouldnt be able to get throught a day without them. My daughter told me that if I could get pot we would make me brownies
and put it in them. that makes more sense than the meds.!!!
I live in rochester, its 5 hours from ny city. It is cold here and its april and we are having
wet snow :frowning:
Love and peace to you too.
Cindy

lorial chronicpain-cpt2585@lists.careplace.com wrote:

you know its no wonder everybody is not doing so well, this is april, and this has been a horrible spring so far! everyday, cold, rainy, or even snow this time of year! its no-wonder no-one can get there pain under control. i know ive been real bad, i live in penn, everyday its been really cold and raining, all day washouts. i havent felt like doing anything, extra pain and stiffness with this kind of weather. i even tried to take my daughter over town the other day, just two hours after taking my pain meds, so i thought id be alright, but then half way into the shopping, i was hurting so bad, i had to buy some advil, to take on the spot. hopefully this goofy weater will change pretty soon, and the nice warm weather will help us all with manageing our pain!

Hi Leana,
Thanks for the email. I know how you feel coz that has happened to me too. I will be in the
middle of trying to get some accomplishment and the pain is so bad that I cant walk.,I do
think that if the weather cooperates we would not have so much pain.
How old is your daughter?
hope that you will have a less painful day and god bless.
Cindy

leana chronicpain-cpt2585@lists.careplace.com wrote:

Welcome to CarePlace.  I’m a pain sufferer, among other disabilities.  I’ve tried several pain meds and shots in my C5-C7’s.  Nothing seems to help on an ongoing basis.  This is a great site to vent and gain information/support from others.

my daughter will be twelve in august! she is my little helper. i dont know what i would do without her help. i do live my my three year old sons father, but he doesnt help much. he has alot of growing up to do, he still likes to run around with his friends partying,riding dirt bikes,etc. he wont even go grocery shopping with me anymore, then again he always anymore looks so messed up and dirty, i wouldnt want him to go anyway. my daughter carries all the heavy stuff. i never realized before i got back problems just how hard grocery shopping is. it used to be fun, on food stamp day we could go and pretty much pick anything out we wanted to eat or drink, and have a card cover it. now its a dreaded disaster. i thought about the delivery service, but i like to pick my own stuff out. my three year old son is a challange also, he was already diagnosed with adhd, and let me tell you he is hyper. it takes two adults to watch him, or one fast one with a strong back.hes my little pride and joy, but his constant running and climbing keeps me moving, even on my worst days, i have to constantly run after him, for his own safty. they wanted to put him on adderall, but hes so young, we dont want our son on meds, at least not that one right now.i will have to do some checking on natural remedies safe for children with adhd.im glad there are forums like this to talk.i dont have any support system at all. after twelve years of marraige, my husband, and father to my daughter up and vanished,no child support or anything, they cant find him, he was from mexico. three years ago, when i was pregnant with my son, the most tragic thing ever happened,my mom, which was also my best friend, my only help with my kids, died. i have not been the same since. then i got struck with all these health problems and daily pain. my kids keep me going, they are all i have, and vice versa.

Hi I’m new at the this site to I hope I can find the support from everyone like you have its hard for me to make friends and open up and Im having a hard time lately dealing with all my pain I had to stop my methadone  so I can have  knee replacement which is only a small part of my problem and they are only letting me have to vicdon a day until after surgey  which isn’t until the first of May  I have had chronic back pain for 3 yrs and only started taking pain meds last yr I just didn’t want to give into it.I haven’t  worked in 3yrs and we have had alot of finincial problems scince and part of me feels guilty for that will i could go on but I won’t I m sure alot of you have the same problems will I hope I get to meet some of you and get to be friends and can help each other thanks for listening Janet

Hi, Michele.  Does your pharmacy have generic equivalents?  If so, ask for Carisprodol.  That is the generic version of Soma.  If I don’t take it daily, I tend to get extreme back spasms that leave me in bed for the day.  Generic drugs are cheaper even with insurance.  For example, I spend $5 for 90 carisoprodol tabs and $30 for 30 Celebrex pills.  I’m not sure how that works out without insurance, but certainly cheaper.  Best of luck.

Amen, to the legalized prescription of pot. I am no dope head and have not touched the stuff in many years, but I do know I feel less pain with pot than with vicodin, fioricet and flexeril. And it does not killl my liver. You can bake with it just like other herbs so you do not hurt your lungs either.  Maybe some day they will understand. Just venting. I'm having such a cluster headache I can not even touch my head and can barely see even with the darkest sunglasses.

I just pray we all get relief.

Lisa

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:34:19 -0400
tinks46 chronicpain-cpt2585@lists.careplace.com wrote:

~--------------- sent via careplace.com
~-~ tinks46 posted the message below in the Chronic Pain Community Forum.
~-~ The entire conversation can be found here:
http://www.careplace.com/forum/topic/2585
~-~ To respond to this message, reply to this email or sign in to
CarePlace.com
~-~ To start a new conversation, email chronicpain@lists.careplace.com or
sign in to CarePlace.com
~-~ To see tinks46’s profile, go here: http://www.careplace.com/view/tinks46
~--------------- all text below this line will
be cut off in your reply

Hi Michele,
I too am new to this group. What is soma?. I feel on my back 2x and was in
a car accident
and have deteriorated disc disease in the neck, both back and neck pain are
terrible. I have cfs and makes the whole body hurt. the fatigue is
overwelming and the doc gave me vicodin. I tried perkaset too and that does
help. I am from ny too. its cold here :frowning:
tinks 46

sweetlaney wrote:

__
To control the emails you receive from CarePlace, go to
http://www.careplace.com/account-notifications

Hi tinks46,

my name is Becca and I was on Soma for quiet awhile. It is one of the best
muscle relaxants I have ever had. My Dr. took me off of them because he said
they are very addicting, but I know if a medication is taken as prescribed, it
will not be a problem for the person taking them. I have a new Dr. and I hope
he will give them back to me. They are very strong and they make you feel a
little loopy until you get used to them. I was not addicted to them and I took
them for at least 2 years and I went off them cold turkey, but I took them as
prescribed and only if I really needed it.