Hi I am Sheryl Dickensons

I have Addison Disease and I found out that I had it all my life but didn't find out that i had until 2007. It was scary but I would like to know more what I can do other wise.?

I went back to collage and I am also doing a report on Addison Disease and if I could getg some feedback on how you coping with the disease and How long you had the diseaseand when you found outyou had it.

Thank you 
                                  Sheryl Dickenson

Dear Sheryl

I have Adrenal Insufficiency due to Panhypopituitary. Addision Disease is a worst degree of Adrenal Insufficiency. Panhypopituitary is where pituitary stops producing all hormone / producing insufficient hormones, one after another, gradually or drastically.

I started to know about my pituitary malfunction when I got Diabetes Insipidus where the pituitary stop producing ADH. That was about 10 years ago. I’ve done twice for ITT test for ACTH. ACTH and GH are released as a part of the stress mechanism in this test. ACTH elevation causes the adrenal to release cortisol, but my cortisol was not released. Gradually I lose other hormones as well. Now I am taking several pills to replace those hormones.

I try not to get my self injured. If I am sick, i’ll take extra cortisol. Even though it’s not that easy, but I am doing good, I just have to discipline myself with the medication.

Don’t be scared. Talk to your friends n family. I would like to share yr experience with the Addison D which you got to know it only in 2007 !!

Regards.